Prayer request

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 7, 2000
      Childrens' Services, in Franklin County, Ohio, has seen fit to separate "my
      little boy" and me, the black child whom I was rearing, because: Though his
      mother said, "He has always wanted to live with you. If you don't take him,
      he has no place else to go," she did not have custody of him. The courts
      did.

      So, I went in and gave the Childrens' Services sorts my finger prints, signed
      over my private life, etc., etc., to reclaim the child.

      They came to inspect my house. They wanted to know if: (1) We had running
      water; (2) The tolilets flush; (3) If we had food; (4) If I had weapons;
      (5) What my discipline methods might be; (6) If we had working smoke alarms.

      One of the two members of the social workers said: "We don't envision any
      problems. It will just be three to five weeks, until the FBI report comes."

      We "passed" tdheir inspection. I knew what they would ask, in advance. My
      cousin Barbara knew. She told me how to prepare. Hence, we had all of the
      above. We even have a working shower (!). The problem, now, is: Until the
      FBI report comes, and the police report is sent, I cannot speak with the
      child (he's 15), or see him.

      I have had the most pietous letters from him. One ended: " You are the
      father I never had. Guide me through this life. I open up my heart."

      It brings tears to my eyes.

      Nevertheless, I cannt see him. I cannot call him. I cannot take him the
      things he wants me to bring. I have called his sisters and told them to tell
      him that. The child is in an instituion for boys (not a reform school, but
      close), just now.

      He's a gentle, artistic, compassionate soul. Though it will be only another
      two to three weeks before he is home again, I ask your prayers for him,
      because he says: "My mind is so lonely."

      Poor little guy. Your prayers will help, I am sure.

      Father Andrew
    • Fr. John Whiteford
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 31, 2001
        Please pray for Matushka Chryse Ogden of Ss. Adrian
        and Natalia Mission in Texarkana, who will be having a
        very serious operation in the morning of August 8th.
        Please also pray for Fr. James Ogden.

        =====

        http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
      • Igumeniya Iulianiya
        Message 3 of 26 , Aug 4, 2001
          ---May The Heavenly Healer, our Lord Jesus Christ and
          his servants Saint Panteleimon and father John of
          Kronstadt be with Matushka Chryse on her operation
          day, before that day and after. And give strength and
          courage to Father James.
          Sinful Abb.Juliana and sisters.

          "Fr. John Whiteford" <frjohnwhiteford@...>
          wrote:
          > Please pray for Matushka Chryse Ogden of Ss. Adrian
          > and Natalia Mission in Texarkana, who will be having
          > very serious operation in the morning of August 8th.
          >
          > Please also pray for Fr. James Ogden.
          >
          > =====

          > * Fr. John Whiteford IC
          > -|- XC *
          > *
          > ----|---- *
          > * St. Jonah Orthodox Mission
          > | *
          > * Spring, Texas
          > \| *
          > * http://www.saintjonah.org/
          > |\ *
          > * http://groups.yahoo.com/group/orthodox-rocor/ NI
          > | KA *

          > with Yahoo! Messenger
          > http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Theodora
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 15, 2002
            Yesterdy we had a terrible accident on I 75 of which many saw on TV. The fog
            was indeed very bad for as I sat at my kitchen table one could no tsee the
            woods across the street and then it rolled in like swirls of cotton, very
            quickly and I could not even see the trees or shrine in my yard just outside
            my kitchen window.

            A family who raises emus here once gave to me a bag of these lovely eggs
            for our Parrish Sunday School. They were a lovely family but the father
            and son were on I 75 and were killed. Many more are hurt and so I ask you
            keep all in prayers. God give strength to all.
            They did not get home last night and so we just heard this morning.

            Theodora in the mountains
          • Kiril Bart
            Message 5 of 26 , Aug 1, 2002
              Saint New Martyrs Andrew and Dimitry, pray for us!!
              Please pray for the soul of newly reposed , maiden of
              God, Tatjana Andreevna Murina. She was born in the
              beginning of the century in US, on east coast to a
              family of Russian Orthodox priest, Fr. Andrew Murin.
              In a summer of 1914 they went back to Russia for a
              vacation and get caught in a middle of a WWI, her
              father was killed by bolsheviks and become Hieromartyr
              as well as her Uncle, who also was a priest. Her
              mother and her become strangled in Soviet Russia,
              where they lived through besiege of
              "Leningrad" during WWII. After their
              evacuation from there to the Caucus mountains, place
              where they lived was occupied by Germans, so she went
              through long and winding road of East European DP's.
              She lived a Godly life and practiced Lord's prayer for
              many many years. In her last years Lord blessed her
              with multiple illnesses, which she took with humility.
              Lord have Mercy.
              Sinful, subdeacon Kirill

              http://health.yahoo.com
            • Theodora Wright
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 15, 2002
                Please pray for Megan 11 months old. She was taken ill and flown to children's hospital today and I just recieved a call that all her organs are shuting down and they do not know why and do not expect her to live for more than a few hours now. Please pray for mother and father who have waited 17 years for a baby. May God grant strength and mercy to all. St. Nicholas interceed for little Megan. (Non Orthodox)

                Theodora in the mountains

              • Father Joachim <kosovo_au@yahoo.com.au>
                Message 7 of 26 , Jan 21, 2003
                  Please pray for the safety and protection of Archimandrite Alexey and
                  the brotherhood of Holy Transfiguration Monastery, Bombala and Abbess
                  Anna and the Presentation Sisterhood, Bungarby. Both monasteries are
                  in danger from bushfires – part of the continuing bushfire crisis
                  affecting our nations capital, Canberra, and the National Parks in
                  the Australian Alps and high country where the monasteries are
                  located an hour and half from Canberra. An order yesterday (Tuesday
                  21 Jan) for the monks to evacuate was changed when an expected wind
                  change did not occur. Both monasteries are surrounded by fires and on
                  high alert, and considering the isolated and rough terrain, the
                  present drought, and current high temperatures, the situation is very
                  serious. The monks in particular are very vulnerable as both
                  potential escape routes from the monastery involve travel along many
                  kilometres of dirt tracks through tinder dry heavily timbered bush
                  before hitting bitumen roads. Having just spoken to one of the nuns
                  at Bungarby, the crisis will continue for some days, with
                  expectations that the coming weekend will bring weather conditions
                  that will make the situation even worse.
                • Theodora Wright
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jun 7 11:05 AM
                    Please pray the family of Jewell and Jenny and daughter Ashley. They are my
                    neighbors and quiet young. Jewell has just learned he has aggressive cancer
                    of the bladder. When Paul was so ill this man would come late to take me
                    home from hospital and helped in many ways. They are not Orthodox but we
                    are close...my "river bank friend".

                    Theodora in the mountains
                  • Seraphim Patterson
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jun 7 1:51 PM
                      > Please pray the family of Jewell and Jenny and daughter Ashley. They are
                      my
                      > neighbors and quiet young. Jewell has just learned he has aggressive
                      cancer
                      > of the bladder. When Paul was so ill this man would come late to take me
                      > home from hospital and helped in many ways. They are not Orthodox but we
                      > are close...my "river bank friend".
                      >
                      > Theodora in the mountains

                      Dear Theodora,

                      They will be in our prayers. Tell them not to ignore alternative
                      treatments--herbal and nutritional things, I mean. As you know, my wife is
                      also fighting an aggressive type of cancer, and after having looked into
                      some of these things I am convinced there is something to some of them. The
                      evidence is all anecdotal, but I can't tell you how many people I have heard
                      from who have had great success combining conventional therapy with other
                      things.

                      In Christ,

                      Seraphim

                    • sputnikpsalomschchika
                      Message 10 of 26 , May 1, 2004
                        Dear friends in the Synod,

                        I am in need of you compassion and prayers.

                        My psychotropic medications are out of balance and the result is
                        causing me some embarrassment in public. I spoke with my doctor
                        tonight and we are moving quickly to adjust the medications, but these
                        things don't always show results quickly.

                        Please pray with and for me.

                        Reader Michael Malloy
                        Choir Director
                        Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker
                        Columbus Ohio
                      • Father Joachim
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jun 11 10:35 PM
                          Dear Fathers and brethren,

                          Please pray for the repose of the soul of Nun Evgenia of Our Lady of
                          Kazan monastery (ROCOR), Kentlyn, NSW, Australia who died in old age
                          on Friday night 11th of June, about 10pm (AEST).

                          In Christ

                          Hieromonk Joachim
                          St John the Baptist skete
                          Kentlyn NSW
                        • Theodora Wright
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 20, 2004
                            Today my dear friend begins what will be the last chemo for his cancer..it
                            will either work or cause more harm. 50/50 To watch such suffering in this
                            world is to partake of the reality of how much we need our Lord and God..to
                            see the great courage is to see how often we fail in compassion and love
                            daily. It has spread now to five new cancers throughout his body but he
                            holds to the thought that this is another battle to be fought. Throughout
                            this world many are fighting this same battle. At a time when we are at
                            war, so many without work, so little security we see the great strength and
                            love and compassion of Our Lord and hear His words that He will be with us
                            even unto to end of the age. That is our security..our Dear Lord. I ask
                            prayers, not only for my dear friend but for all of those who are struggling
                            and trying to fight the good battle. I ask you all to hold his family, wife
                            and 12 year old daughter in your prayers, knowing that the Lord only knows
                            the future and so, this too will pass and He shall comfort all.

                            I pray that the Lord have mercy on our souls and that throughout this poor
                            world where there is so much trouble, war, illness, no work and no food,
                            fires, floods ....that we pray for one another and
                            hold each life special..Lord grant us the gift to meet each day with the
                            strength and Faith you have given ..

                            Theodora in The Mountains
                          • Valentina Grigorieva
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 21, 2004
                              God bless you, dear Theodora, for your good words!
                              Valentina by the Mediterranean Sea

                              --- Theodora Wright <theomtn@...> a écrit : >
                              Today my dear friend begins what will be the last
                              > chemo for his cancer..it
                              > will either work or cause more harm. 50/50 To
                              > watch such suffering in this
                              > world is to partake of the reality of how much we
                              > need our Lord and God..to
                              > see the great courage is to see how often we fail in
                              > compassion and love
                              > daily. It has spread now to five new cancers
                              > throughout his body but he
                              > holds to the thought that this is another battle to
                              > be fought. Throughout
                              > this world many are fighting this same battle. At a
                              > time when we are at
                              > war, so many without work, so little security we see
                              > the great strength and
                              > love and compassion of Our Lord and hear His words
                              > that He will be with us
                              > even unto to end of the age. That is our
                              > security..our Dear Lord. I ask
                              > prayers, not only for my dear friend but for all of
                              > those who are struggling
                              > and trying to fight the good battle. I ask you all
                              > to hold his family, wife
                              > and 12 year old daughter in your prayers, knowing
                              > that the Lord only knows
                              > the future and so, this too will pass and He shall
                              > comfort all.
                              >
                              > I pray that the Lord have mercy on our souls and
                              > that throughout this poor
                              > world where there is so much trouble, war, illness,
                              > no work and no food,
                              > fires, floods ....that we pray for one another and
                              > hold each life special..Lord grant us the gift to
                              > meet each day with the
                              > strength and Faith you have given ..
                              >
                              > Theodora in The Mountains

                              > --------------------~-->

                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/m.VolB/TM

                            • Fr David Straut
                              Message 14 of 26 , Nov 26, 2004
                                Dear Listmembers,

                                I got word on Tuesday that (Fr) Michael Graves died unexpectedly in
                                Haiti. He was not ill, but we haven't heard the cause of death as yet.
                                If anyone knows more, will you share it? Please also
                                remember him in your prayers.

                                In Christ,

                                Priest David Straut
                                St Elizabeth the New-Martyr Orthodox Church (ROCOR)
                                Rocky Hill, New Jersey

                                http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
                              • Gerald Herrin
                                Message 15 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                  If it is permissible, I would like to ask prayers for my daughter Ruth,
                                  not Orthodox. She is young, resident at a secular college, and
                                  traveling down the wrong road.
                                  Thank you.

                                  In Christ,

                                  Isaac (Gerald) Herrin

                                  geraldherrin@...
                                  "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that
                                  which was right in his own eyes." --- Judges 17:6
                                • CW

                                    Message 17 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                      At 07:41 AM 11/27/2004, you wrote:

                                      >If it is permissible, I would like to ask prayers for my daughter Ruth,
                                      >not Orthodox. She is young, resident at a secular college, and
                                      >traveling down the wrong road.

                                      It is *always* permissible to ask for prayers! It's heart-wrenching to see
                                      one's child put herself into paths that will harm her soul. We will pray
                                      for her.

                                      Do you still live in/near St. Louis?

                                      Anna V.
                                    • vkozyreff
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                        Dear Isaac,

                                        I will pray for your daughter. I understand what you must suffer.
                                        May God be with her.

                                        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Gerald Herrin
                                        <geraldherrin@e...> wrote:
                                        > If it is permissible, I would like to ask prayers for my daughter
                                        Ruth,
                                        > not Orthodox. She is young, resident at a secular college, and
                                        > traveling down the wrong road.
                                        > Thank you.
                                        >
                                        > In Christ,
                                        >
                                        > Isaac (Gerald) Herrin
                                        >

                                        > geraldherrin@e...
                                        > "In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that
                                        > which was right in his own eyes." --- Judges 17:6
                                      • ddd
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Nov 27, 2004
                                          Dear Isaac (Gerald),
                                          Will pray! Pray to St. John of San Francisco.

                                          --Dimitra

                                        • matanna@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jun 5 6:00 AM
                                            Christ is risen!

                                            Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high risk
                                            pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                            Many thanks.
                                            In Christ,
                                            Matushka Ann Lardas

                                          • Aleksandra Thompson
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jun 6 5:03 AM
                                              "Lord Jesus Christ, son of God have mercy on them!"

                                              matanna@... wrote: Christ is risen!

                                              Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high risk
                                              pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                              Many thanks.
                                              In Christ,
                                              Matushka Ann Lardas

                                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                                            • (matushka) Ann Lardas
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jun 25 3:23 PM
                                                Thank you for your prayers! After teasing and frightening and worrying
                                                her parents for nearly 20 days, Athanasia Kissel was born in the wee
                                                hours of the morning today, weighing in at 4 lbs, 10 oz, 18" long,
                                                healthy and beautiful. Her parents Mary Cecilia and Justin Kissel are
                                                both doing well, thank God, and are grateful for everyone's prayers.

                                                --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, matanna@a... wrote:
                                                > Christ is risen!
                                                >
                                                > Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high
                                                risk
                                                > pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                                > Many thanks.
                                                > In Christ,
                                                > Matushka Ann Lardas

                                              • Aleksandra Thompson
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jun 25 7:37 PM
                                                  God's blessing to all!

                                                  "(matushka) Ann Lardas" <matanna@...> wrote:Thank you for your prayers! After teasing and frightening and worrying
                                                  her parents for nearly 20 days, Athanasia Kissel was born in the wee
                                                  hours of the morning today, weighing in at 4 lbs, 10 oz, 18" long,
                                                  healthy and beautiful. Her parents Mary Cecilia and Justin Kissel are
                                                  both doing well, thank God, and are grateful for everyone's prayers.

                                                  --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, matanna@a... wrote:
                                                  > Christ is risen!
                                                  >
                                                  > Please pray for Mary Cecilia, in labor early in an extremely high
                                                  risk
                                                  > pregnancy, and for her husband Justin.
                                                  > Many thanks.
                                                  > In Christ,
                                                  > Matushka Ann Lardas

                                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                • Ekaterina Andreev
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jun 12 8:56 AM
                                                    Dear List:
                                                    Please pray for my mother, Maria. Tomorrow is her birthday and it is ten months since her passing. She did not have a "good" death.

                                                    Thank you for your prayers.

                                                    Katya