Re: [orthodox-synod] Webcasting

  • tatiana popov
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2000
      --- "Fr. Gregory Joyce" <ogrisha@...> wrote:
      > Dear All,
      >
      > I'm looking for information on webcasting. This may
      > not seem pertinent to this group, but the question
      > arises from a desire to perhaps webcast the lectures
      > and/or panel discussions at this year's St. Herman's
      > Youth Conferece. This is not a promise (since I
      > haven't a clue as how to do this yet), but simply a
      > possiblity. Feel free to email me privately, or to
      > the list - as you prefer. Thank you.
      >
      > Fr. Gregory
      >
      > =====

      father, bless,

      i don't have any answers to your question, but just a
      suggestion ~~~ perhaps you might address your inquiry
      to the "orthotech" egroup ~~~ certainly, someone there
      will be able to help.

      orthotech-subscribe@egroups.com

      t.

      http://mail.yahoo.com/
    • Ernest O'Dell
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2000
        Dear Father Gregory,

        Bless.

        I saw your message and thought I would reply and try to help out a little.
        Since Dr. Riggs and I are the moderators on the OrthoTech newsgroup at
        http://www.egroups.com/group/orthotech we have a lot of resources who can
        probably help with questions of this sort.

        Just doing a real quick search on Yahoo! I came up with this:
        http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=webcasting. This link will take you to
        a number of pages dealing with webcasting, consulting firms, resources, and
        other information related to webcasting.

        Another search on the GoTo network (the old Infoseek service) turned up the
        following link:

        http://www.go.com/Titles?col=WW&qt=webcasting&svx=home_searchbox&sv=IS&lk=no
        frames

        However, the Go.com search engine is not as good as some of the better ones.
        Google and Altavist, in my personal opinion, seem to work better for
        different types of searches.

        Google turns up the following link:

        http://www.google.com/search?q=webcasting&btnG=Google+Search

        and Altavista:

        http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=webcasting&kl=XX&pg=q&Translate=on

        Then, there is none other than Webcasting.com at http://www.webcasting.com/.
        They are located in Dallas, Texas and have all sorts of resources one could
        find there for webcasting.

        Surprisingly, if one has a fast enough connection, one can view a lot of
        material that is webcasted from the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese site at
        http://www.goarch.org/. They have put webcasting technology to a lot of use
        over the past couple of years on their website, and also at the EP website.
        I'm sure the webmaster could point you in the right direction for a lot of
        technical resources on webcasting.

        Their telephone number is in New York City, and you can probably reach the
        webmaster through them at 8-10 East 79th St. . New York, NY 10021 . TEL:
        (212) 570-3500 FAX: (212) 570-3569 . E-MAIL: archdiocese@....

        If you wish, I can forward your original request to the OrthoTech newsgroup,
        but only with your express permission. I would then be able to send a copy
        of this reply, also, to the group. I only solicit your permission to
        forward your message, as I must abide by the same rules of the newsgroup.

        If I can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me. I'll
        try to help as much as possible, and also, upon your approval, will solicit
        other assistance from our newsgroup.

        Begging your prayers, and kissing your right hand,
        Andreas O'Dell
        Phone: (830) 336-4430