MP ARCHBISHOP says ecumenism is a heresy

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2000
      Dear All

      The attached (in Russian only) is a short but concise interview with his Grace
      Archbishop Veniamin (Benjamin) of the MP who participated in the
      recent MP SOBOR (Council)..

      I agree with him in regard to what he had to say about Ecumenism being
      a modern heresy and that the recent MP canonisation of some of the New Martyrs & Confessors
      of Russia is a first step in a genuine repentance process of the whole RUSSIAN nation of people
      (incluidng those of us living abroad)..
      (See attached file: MP ARCHBISHOP on PATH of TRUE ORTHODOXY.doc)
      http://www.pravoslavie.ru/guest/veniamin.htm

      Here is another (unsigned document) of some ROCA clergy in Russia addressing
      the ROCA SOBOR which is scheduled to take place in October 2000.

      (See attached file: ROCA & MP.doc)

      I for one find that indeed there are now voices echoing TRUE ORTHODOXY even
      amongst the MP bishops - I hope his Grace Archbishop Veniamin is not a singular
      example amongst his MP brother -bishops..

      My previous email dated 23 August 2000 "SERGIANISM IS ALIVE and not denied to this day in Moscow Patriarchate"
      where I stated that ecumenism the heresy has not been abandoned by the MP - is now confirmed by his Grace Archbishop
      Veniamin as being the case - although some progress towards the ROYAL Path has been made by the recent MP SOBOR.

      In the Risen Christ Who is wondrous in His Saints,

      Unworthy Deacon Basil from Canberra

    • Rev. John R. Shaw
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2000
        On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 byakimov@... wrote:

        > The attached (in Russian only) is a short but concise interview with his Grace
        > Archbishop Veniamin (Benjamin) of the MP who participated in the
        > recent MP SOBOR (Council)..
        >
        > I agree with him in regard to what he had to say about Ecumenism being
        > a modern heresy and that the recent MP canonisation of some of the New Martyrs & Confessors
        > of Russia is a first step in a genuine repentance process of the whole RUSSIAN nation of people
        > (incluidng those of us living abroad)..
        >
        > I for one find that indeed there are now voices echoing TRUE ORTHODOXY even
        > amongst the MP bishops - I hope his Grace Archbishop Veniamin is not a singular
        > example amongst his MP brother -bishops..
        >
        > My previous email dated 23 August 2000 "SERGIANISM IS ALIVE and not denied to this day in Moscow Patriarchate"
        > where I stated that ecumenism the heresy has not been abandoned by the MP - is now confirmed by his Grace Archbishop
        > Veniamin as being the case - although some progress towards the ROYAL Path has been made by the recent MP SOBOR.

        Many years ago, I was in a car with Archbishop Averky of blessed
        memory, as we drove past the new (or eastern) cemetery of the monastery
        and someone pointed out to Vl. Averky that the doors had now been put up
        on the half-built cemetery chapel. Quoth Vl. Averky: "It is pleasant to
        see even the slightest progress!"

        In Christ
        Fr. John R. Shaw>