Re: [orthodox-synod] Cardinal Ratzinger

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2000
      Well, isn't that special, as the Church lady used dto say!

      The papers said he included the Orthodox. It doesn't matter. If he did, he
      did. Though, to be sure, if he did, he is flying in the face of what the
      pope (seems) to teach.

      I, frankly, don't trust them. We've had too much experience with their
      closed system to ever think they mean what they say.

      ALJJ+
    • LJames6034@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2000

        <<

        Maybe, but may it not also be Ratzinger's first shot at becoming pope? Would
        he dare?! Those who campaign for the office generally lose. Certainly, if
        Ratzinger's words are quoted accurately, they reflect that old, closed,
        authoritarian Roman system we (who ae of "maturer experience, " i.e.,
        "old"!) remember so well.

        ALJJ+