Russian Deanery in California
- I'd like to clarify some points about OCA Russian Deanery in
California (Russkoe Missionerskoe Blagochinie).
1. Currently it includes 5 parishes. All of them are on Old Calendar.
They use only Church Slavonic in Services;
2. Clergy and lay people in those parishes doing a lot of work for
Russian people in US and in Russia itself. Help with finding jobs,
legal help, organizing Russian schools and Russian music/art studios
in US. They are helping needy in Russia (for example, hospital for
blind children in St. Petersburg, orthodox orphanage house in
Nerehta, Valaam monastery, multiple parishes in Siberia...);
3. I'm personally thankful to these people for all they dedication
towards Orthodoxy and to my Russian Motherland;
4. I'm thankful to be a parish member of Christ The Saviour Church in
San Francisco (OCA), where the dean father Vasily serves.
5. Look. During the lityrgy we pray for patriarch Tihon, for Serafim
Sarovsky, for St. Vladimir, for St. Ioann San Francisky, for Russian
people (v Otechestve i rasseyanii)... Don't we have a lot in common
with god-loving people in ROCOR and MP, other Orthodox churches? Our
earthly existence is so short. Don't we want to bring more Love and
Good vs. jurisdictional discussions.
I hope that I didn't sound like an evil ecumenist and modernist.
We always pray for all Orthodox people. Pray for me too, please.