Re: Olga's "Apostates"

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2000
      If ROCA has a "liberal wing", I don't know who belongs to it.
      There are those of us who learned the faith and practice of Orthodoxy, in
      ROCOR/ROCA, quite possibly before Olga was born, or before she had heard
      of ROCOR.
      I am against ecumenism, modernism, and most of what goes by the
      name of "liberal" in our society; however, being opposed to communism or
      Nazism does not mean we have to point to innocent people and call them
      communists or Nazis.
      > all of us when we are
      listening to the
      ROCA liberal
      wing: what is
      the > exact position of these liberals in the eyes of their beloved World
      > Orthodoxy? What they have to do with their love with no hope to any
      > reciprocality?
      >
      > Very curious to hear something opposite from the side of the WO officials,
      > Yours,
      > Olga Mitrenina

    • Fr. George Primak
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 6, 2000
        Dear brethren in Christ,

        I would like to add some words to the discussion held couple of days ago
        concerning the correct way to perform the Mystery of The Holy Baptism.
        First of all, as I understand, the greek word "baptisma" means
        immersion.
        Who would like to get more information related to the opinion of the
        Holy Fathers of the Church about the correct way of the baptism, can
        find it in the book "Novyj Margarit" pages 350-358, which is possible to
        get in the Holy Trinity Monastery book store. Also the similar opinion
        is mentioned in the book "I confess One Baptism" of Fr. George
        Metallinos, pages 39-40.

        With love in Christ,

        Fr. George