Re: [orthodox-synod] "Raising the Titanic"...

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
      Weary of beating up Anglicans (I was one, once), I am willing for the sake of
      the argument to "proof" that Anglican Orders are "valid." Moreover,
      according to An Encylopaedia of Greek Orthodoxy, published with the
      imprimatur of Archbishop IAKOVOS, the Greeks believe Anglicans have "valid"
      Orders.

      The problem is this: The Anglican Church, via its members, believe in
      EVERYTHING.

      I was ordained in the Orthodox Church, because no Orthodox Christian who
      believes in Orthodoxy ecclesiology would accept the Greek verison of things.
      I have a theory concerning their bent towards Anglicanism: The English
      helped them, mightily, in 1822, then they rebelled against the Turks.

      This supposed recognition is, I think, a quid pro quo.

      It is good to know the Serbs do whatever they do, and no one seems to mind!!

      Father Andrew
    • byakimov@csc.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
        Dear Father Andrew

        I ask for your prayers & blessing. WE DO CARE about our SERB brothers
        & sisters and it is time that the SYNOD of BISHOPS took a stand in regard to the Ecumenism
        of the current Patriarch Pavle. Some years ago I accepted the Serbian explanation that
        he was unable to influence the other Bishops because of the MILOSEVICH grip on the Church.

        With the KOSOVO tragedy it is obvious that MILOSEVIC has no influence on the PATRIARCH & I
        for one can no longer defend the SERBIAN Patriarch or his SYNOD. Many ordinary Serbians
        are now leaving their parishes and joining ROCOR parishes. With respect to my two ( Archbishop Anthony
        tonsured me a Reader and when in the UK I learnt to respect Archbishop Mark) Archbishops Anthony & Mark that
        it is time for the coming SOBOR to write a sorrowful epistle to the Serbian Bishops that the path they have chosen
        is erroneous. This must be done out of brotherly LOVE. The Serbian Patriarch of blessed memory who gave
        blessed Metropolitan Anthony and our people sanctuary would want our SYNOD to take such a stand - otherwise
        we would be stuck in a time warp of gratitude...

        Unworthy Deacon Basil of Canberra

        LJames6034@... on 03/08/2000 11:16:02

        Please respond to orthodox-synod@egroups.com

        To: orthodox-synod@egroups.com

[...]