Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: St. Richard???

  • emrys
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2000
      Dear Lisa,

      May I suggest one or two sources when searching for the names and lives
      of pre-schism Saints in the West.

      Firstly, check Fr Dcn Geoffrey Ready's "Calendar of Celtic and Old
      English Saints"
      http://www.nireland.com/orthodox/Calendar.htm

      This is an easily accessible on line resource, but it covers only the UK
      and Ireland.

      For a comprehensive coverage of W.Europe, obtain a copy of the St.
      Hilarion Calendar from Austin, Texas.

      For Lives of pre-schism Saints, the web site "For All The Saints" is
      often very helpful. Because it is a Roman Catholic site, you have to be
      aware of the dividing line of the Schism in 1054 AD.
      http://users.erols.com/saintpat/ss/ss-index.htm

      Finally, there is a mailing list which sends out daily Lives of the
      pre-schism Celtic and Old English Saints. The Home Page is at
      http://www.egroups.com/group/celt-saints/

      You can subscribe there at the Home Page
      or by sending a blank e-mail to
      celt-saints-subscribe@egroups.com

      Hope that this is helpful,
      Fr Ambrose

      ======================
      God is the one loveable who is always rejoicing without end
      in infinite happiness. -- St.Gregory of Nyssa (+400 AD)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2000
        For the address of the Synod church in Austria, contact Fr. Luke Murianka in
        Jordanville. He also recently wrote an article about the Austrian saints and
        published it in Orthodox Life last year, I think.
      • Reader Timothy Tadros
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2000
          --- In orthodox-synod@egroups.com, TeklaI@a... wrote:
          > For the address of the Synod church in Austria, contact Fr. Luke
          Murianka in
          > Jordanville. He also recently wrote an article about the Austrian
          saints and
          > published it in Orthodox Life last year, I think.

          Go to http://www.rocor.org
          For any ROCOR parish address in the world. Fr. Luke is much too busy
          to contact just for an address.
          He did write an article for Orthodox Life on "The Saints of
          Salzburg, Austria" Vol. 49, No. 3, 1999. The saints were St. Rupert
          (aka. Hrodibert, or Robert)and St. Erentruda, abbess
          Reader Timothy Tadros