Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: National media and Palestine.

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12 6:36 AM
      You're right, there's no winning.

      The Jewish writer who EMailed me about contacts in Palestine has responded.
      She says my suggestions "sound interesting," and she will "follow them up."

      OK. My concern was to get some national coverage for what is happening to
      ROCA in Palestine. That Sister Maria has such an interestingly connected
      brother (at leat one of them is!) is frosting on the cake.

      With reference to Palestine, there's a story which is told. It's about a
      mouse who is asked by a scorpion to ferry it across a river. The mouse says:
      "No, you would sting me."

      The scorpion answers: "If I were to sting you, we would both die. What
      sense would be made by that?"

      The mouse, seeing the logic of that, allows the scorpion to get onto its
      back. Half way across, the scorpion does sting the mouse. As they are both
      sinking, the mouse asks: "Why have you done this?"

      The scorpion answers: "Because this is the Middle East!"

      Yes, there are atrocities on both sides.

      Father Andrew
    • Elias Harb
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12 10:24 AM
        There has been on occasions terrorist attacks against Israelis by
        Extremist Palestinians acting out of the never ending despair . I am
        against terrorism but Injustice, violence (STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM BY
        ISRAELI GOVERNMENT), lack of solution, despair breeds extremism.
        Please do not compare Palestinian stubble with Israelis crime against the
        Palestinians. In 1920 , the Palestinians made up 92% of the population of
        Palestine. The Fact is that a horrible crime has been committed against the
        Palestinian People. people driven out of their homes, land confiscation,
        millions of refugees driven out of their homes, massacres against villages
        (example Deir Yassin) Houses being blown up. teenagers shot, many of the
        Israeli cities were built over Palestinian villages . There are millons of
        Palestinan refugees in Lebanon , Syria, and Jordian and they are Muslims
        and Christians.

        In Christ
        Elias

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13 12:03 PM
          In a message dated 7/12/2000 8:20:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          rpeters@... writes:

          << Jews call me an anti-semite and Arabs call me a Jew lover. I guess you
          can't win when you want real justice. >>

          At the very least, you rarely get what you want.

          Patrick W. R. Barrett

          "The Southerner, who isn't convinced of it,
          is very much afraid that he may have been
          formed in the image and likeness of God."

          - Flannery O'Connor