Re: National media and Palestine.

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2000
      Today, at the request of a woman who has a national column, I suggested a
      "human interest" story relating to Palestine. She is leaving for Palestine,
      on Monday. Actually, I suggested two: Sister Maria (Stephanopoulos) and the
      occupation of ROCA property in Jericho; and the Girls' School in Bethany.
      Sister Maria has been the director there.

      There is no mention of these stories, in any way by the national media.

      It is as though Sister Maria and Sister Xenia have been abandoned.

      Every day, the US government sends $17 million to Israel. And what are we
      getting for our cash? A continuous war in the Middle East? Yes. The
      distrust of Arabs everywhere? Yes. Complicity in the atrocities being
      committed daily by the Jews in Palestine? Yes.

      Curiously enough, the woman who wrote to me is also Jewish.

      Let us see if there is any use of my suggestion.

      Father Andrew