Re: [orthodox-synod] The Incarnation in Popular Culture

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2000
      My maternal grandfather was a mine superintendent. In those days, the
      superintendent was Father Figure, as well as employer.

      Once, and I only know this story via word-of-mouth, via my mother, one of
      the men came running to my grandfather and said to him: "Some quickly, my
      son is bleeding to death."

      My grandfather paused for a moment and said: "Go home, the bleeding has
      stopped."

      Was it a miracle?

      I was supposed to believe it was. How else could one explain such a thing?
      Hence, it is not necessarily for one to God Incarnate to do such things. One
      has only to believe.

      As Jesus said: "Greater things than these shall you do."

      But, all the more reason to suppose that one who is flesh and blood can, in
      fact, know what it is like to do such things, and NOT be God.

      ALJJ+