Re: [orthodox-synod] Kursk Root Icon

  • fraese
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2000
      We (Dormition Skete Orthodox Books & Items) carry the following book:
      The Kursk Icon of the Mother of God - Contains the history of the discovery
      and wanderings of the Kursk Icon of the Mother of God, protectress of the
      Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, as well as recent miracles
      attributed to its presence and intercession. Also contains the liturgical
      service and the Akathist Hymn. 64 pp. KRO17106 $7.00
      www.orthodoxbooksanditems.com )
      This book is published by St. John of Kronstadt Press, but I couldn't find
      it on their web-site just now. If you can't get it from them, I have a
      couple in stock.
      Theodora
      Dormition Skete Orthodox Books & Items
      Edmonton, Alberta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2000
        http://www.rocor.org/holyicons/kursk_root.html

        The above URL will take you to the ROCOR web site which gives definitive
        history of the Kursk Root Icon of the The Mother of God.

        http://www.rocor.org/holyicons/index.html

        This URL will take you to a page showing the links to the Kursk Root Icon
        along with two other miraculous icons.

        Hope this helps.

        Andreas

        > In a message dated 7/5/2000 3:43:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        > sraar@... writes:
        >
        > << does anyone have a short history of the Kursk Ikon of the Mother of
        > God,
        > which includes the history from its exile from Russia and protection of
        the
        > Church Abroad ? >>
        >
        > The history of the Kursk Root Icon was printed in Orthodox Life,
        > Vol. 32, No. 6 (Nov.-Dec. 1982), pp. 2-7. Offhand, I can't remember
        > how much of its history "in exile" is included. The same issue
        > includes an akathist before the icon, and an account of recent
        > miracles connected with the icon. Unfortunately, Vol. 32 is no longer
        > available -- the monastery usually keeps the last ten years or
        > so in print.
        >
        > I don't have the time to type this article out today, but if you can't
        > find it elsewhere, I can try to do it later this week, or you can send
        > me your snail mail address and I can photocopy all three articles
        > and mail them to you on Saturday.
        >
        > Patrick Barrett

        http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod

      • Karen Grisel
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2000
          dear in Christ Patrick,

          I'm going to look and see if I have the issue of Orth. Life, but it is
          doubtful. Would you please make photocopies of the articles and send to:

          415 washington st., norwich, ct 06360

          thank you ! Father Basil Grisel

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2000
            dear in Christ Theodora,

            thank you for taking the time to respond. Do you have multiple copies. and
            is there a discount for multiple copies to a church bookstore ? I'll send a
            check with our order.