Re: [orthodox-synod] Ground breaking prayers

  • Karen Grisel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      dear brothers in service to Our Lord,
      and friends in Christ,

      We humbly ask your prayers, next weekend we will celebrate the Feast of the
      Royal Martyrs. Our lord, his grace Bishop Gabriel will be present to
      bless/break ground for our new church. Please pray that God continues to
      guide and strengthen us in all our works to glorify Him. There are many who
      have been very supportive of our difficult struggle but God has blessed us
      ABUNDANTLY !

      does anyone have a short history of the Kursk Ikon of the Mother of God,
      which includes the history from its exile from Russia and protection of the
      Church Abroad ?

      also, does anyone have a short explanation on the depiction of God the
      Father in ikonography ? following a trip to Jordanville for Troitsa the
      subject has come up for discussion. How do we view the matter in light of
      many of our churches have the subject of the Father depicted- even on the
      ikon of the Reigning Mother of God ?

      for me specifically, does anyone have a service/order for such an
      event - we are having Molieben on the site following liturgy, then a festal
      meal. Everyone is invited to attend !

      THANK YOU - with love in Christ,
      Priest Basil Grisel

      Orthodox Church of the Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia - Norwich,
      CT
      http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod