need help: salmon dill sauce recipe

  • Deborah Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2000
      Does anyone have it? I lost it again. I would be very grateful if anyone
      can find it. Matushka Photini originally posted it a long time ago.

      With love in Christ,
      Deborah Johnson
      llew@...
      301-754-3741
    • Mark & Janet Lardas + Family
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2000
        At 02:26 PM 7/4/00 -0400, you wrote:

        >Does anyone have it? I lost it again. I would be very grateful if anyone
        >can find it. Matushka Photini originally posted it a long time ago.
        >
        >With love in Christ,
        >Deborah Johnson
        >llew@...
        >301-754-3741

        Here is what I saved in my recipes file. Unfortunatly I just copied the
        post it came from and not the original poster's name. So, thank you who
        ever you are. It sure is a good recipe.
        Helena Lardas

        "Baked Salmon with Mustard Dill Sauce
        This is from the "Great Good Food" cookbook, which I use a lot.
        It is billed as Scandinavian. It is so simple, but we ate it by the
        spoonful until we were tired of it.

        Dried dill weed (not seeds) works fine too -- I probably used

        Mustard-dill sauce
        To make: 1 1/2 C.

        4T Dijon mustard
        1T white sugar
        2T white vinegar
        1/4C oil (they say canola)
        1T minced fresh dill

        Combine all, serve warm or cold.

        1t yields 8 Calories, 0.8g fat, 0.2g carb.

        Baked Salmon (or whatever)

        Well . . . . I wrapped the thing (about 6 lb, head & tail on for
        drama) loosely in heavy foil, put it into a big roasting pan,
        and baked it at 350 for maybe 40 minutes -- started checking
        it at 25 or so. You want to cut into the thick part with a sharp
        little knife to see if the flesh has lost its translucency. Actually
        it wasn't quite done to the bone, but we were all too hungry
        to wait, so we served up the cooked bits and put the rest
        back in the oven for 15 min or so (wrapped).

        It was amazingly juicy and succulent and delicious -- didn't
        dry out the way it tends to when I broil it.

        Before I wrapped it up, I rubbed lemon juice over the whole
        thing and put some sprigs of fresh dill and more lemon juice
        in the cavity. I took it to the table garnished with lemon wedges
        and more fresh dill. Pretty!

        I used to get whole bluefish, and sometimes striped bass.
        Bass doesn't need a thing, but we like the bluefish Italian
        style. Slice up some bell peppers and onions, maybe celery,
        mix with minced garlic and a can of tomatoes (or a few fresh
        ones chopped up) and some Italian herb blend, put some
        of this in the cavity and the pour the rest over the top. Wrap
        the foil around it and bake "until done.""
      • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2000
          PMBI, ladies, but we make the salmon in the dishwasher, since we never had
          a pan big enough to fit the whole fish.

          Wrap in foil. Upper rack, full cycle (including the dry cycle).

          No soap.

          Got the idea from Melinda Lee on her cooking show.

          It comes out very moist and tender.

          With love in Christ,

          Prot. Alexander