Good News From Bari

  • Rd. Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2000
      Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!

      The following was posted on the Orthodox Jurisdictions List. I am forwarding
      it because it is so *good* to see God's favorable hand upon ROCOR in the
      midst of the MP's attacks.

      >From: byakimov@...
      >To: orthodoxjurisdictions@egroups.com
      >Subject: [orthodoxjurisdictions] Bari
      >
      >...from the office of Bishop Ambrose of Vevey...
      >
      >Dear Editor/All
      >
      >It seems St Nicholas has blessed our continuing ROCOR presense in
      >BARI.
      >
      >"...But God is merciful and has sent us a new priest, the Russian
      >father Andrew, who has agreed to settle in Bari with his family and
      >to assume the onerous duties of representative and supplicant of
      >our church by the relics of St Nicholas. Let us hope that no
      >pressure - either from the municipal authorities or from diplomatic
      >channels - will create obstacles to granting father Andrew a
      >residence permit in Bari.
      >
      >A positive sign may be the fact that, when the order for >father
      >Andrew's appointment was communicated to the municipal
      >authorities, it was immediately entered in the town register.
      >May the Lord God allow to serve Him worthily in the ancient town of
      >Bargrad by the relics of His Holy Servant St Nicholas. Holy Father
      >Nicholas, pray to the Lord God for us."
      >
      >In Christ Who is wondrous in His Saints,
      >
      >Unworthy Deacon Basil of Canberra

      With Christ's love,
      Rd. Constantine

      # Reader Constantine Wright PO Box 774, Athens, GA 30603 #
      # constantinew@... constans@... #
      # Personal Page- http://members.tripod.com/~constans_wright #