Thanks to all for your prayers.

  • matanna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2000
      Fr. George, the kids and I are in Connecticut, getting settled in the parish
      of St. Nicholas in Stratford, and want to thank everyone who's been praying
      for us both in our travels and especially after the accident. We've been
      touched by the outpouring of prayer and kindnesses.

      John's eye will look terrible for a month, but he's fine. He thinks it's
      great. He sang, "I get to scare people, I get to scare people!" (Groan.)
      James and Xenia healed fast and you can't tell they were cut up. Nick can see
      and his eyes look much better now that the cut inside his eyelid has healed
      and he can open both eyes fully. The gouges on his face will take longer to
      heal but are healing well and with pink skin rather than scar tissue. His
      shoulder looked like Cary Elwes in "The Princess Bride" after the attack by
      Rodents of Unusual Size in the Fire Swamp, but now it's healing and his range
      of motion improves as his shoulder heals. It could have been so much worse.
      Through the mercy of God it wasn't. No broken bones, no loss of life. We are
      immensely grateful.

      Again, I don't have the words to tell what a comfort the prayers of so many
      have been. Thank you.

      With love in Christ,
      Matushka Ann Lardas