Elder Theodore (newly-departed Hieromonk John)

  • Rev'd. Fr. Hierodeacon Symeon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2000
      From: "Fr. Anthony Nelson" <fr.anthony@...>
      > Please pray for the newly-departed servant of God, Hieromonk John
      (Valasek)
      > who reposed this morning at about 3:30 AM.

      > Fr. John was . . .at Christ of the Hills Monastery in Blanco, TX., and for
      several years working with the poorest of the poor in Mexico. . . .<<

      Fr Anthony,

      We shall certainly keep Hieromonk John in our prays here at St. John the
      Divine Oratory & Kellia (Syracuse, NY).

      It is unfortunate that I should learn about Fr. John at this time.
      Apparently he might have been a good source of information about the Blessed
      Elder Theodore (Irtel) who reposed at our Holy Name Abbey
      (Nov 8 o.s. 1996). Prior to his repose he was a childhood playmate of St.
      Alexi the NM, became a monk at Valaam and at Pskov Caves. Later he would
      serve in Alaska (along side Fr Gerasim, since Gerasim refused to leave
      Alaska), then the Elder visited Blanco and labored amongst the poor in
      Mexico.

      Does anyone on this List know or have had any personal experience with Elder
      Theodore (a schemabishop) or know someone who did?

      I really must communicate with such persons.

      Unworthily in the service of our Lord,
      Fr. Hierodeacon Symeon of Syracuse

      Our Lady of Tender Mercy Western Orthodox Mission
      POB 476 University Station
      Syracuse, NY 13210-0476
      (315) 423.0339
      <orthodox@...>

      Our Lady's Mission
      http://www.geocities.com/orthodoxwest/Syracuse/OurLadysMission.html

      St. Gregory's Press
      http://www.geocities.com/stjohnsmonks

      Autonomous Orthodox Metropolitanate of Milan
      http://www.ccms.net/~milan

      OrthodoxWest website
      currently at:
      http://www.geocities.com/orthodoxwest
      Moving on Sept 1/14, 2000 to:
      http://OrthodoxWest.org
      "Blessed is the person whose desire for God has
      become like the lover's passion for the beloved"?
      + Saint John Climacus (c. 579-649)