Pray for the newly-departed

  • Fr. Anthony Nelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2000
      Please pray for the newly-departed servant of God, Hieromonk John (Valasek)
      who reposed this morning at about 3:30 AM. He had suffered from terminal
      cancer discovered just before Holy Week. His repose was peaceful and
      without travail.

      Fr. John was my pastor when I was a layman and entered the Russian Church
      Abroad shortly after I did in 1983, being received by Bishop Gregory
      (Grabbe). He served in Parsons, KS.; with me in Oklahoma City; at St.
      Vladimir's ROC in Houston at the time of the building of their new temple,
      at Christ of the Hills Monastery in Blanco, TX., and for several years
      working with the poorest of the poor in Mexico. Before joining the Russian
      Church Abroad he served parishes of the Moscow Patriarchate in East
      Lansing, Michigan, Illinois, and Grand Rapids, MI.

      Please pray for his repose. Funeral arrangements are pending.

      Fr. Anthony