Re: [orthodox-synod] Zealots for Orthodoxy

  • Joseph Digrande
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 5, 2000
      Since it has been corroberated that the Serbs have
      indeed been having common prayer services this year
      with the Latins, where is the outrage at such acts on
      this list? What will it take for the Synod to break
      with the Serbs like we have broken with
      Constantinople? And was it the correct policy to wait
      until 1969 to break with the Greeks from
      Constantimople? Thousands of Old Calendar Greeks were
      killed and persecuted in the years between 1923-1969.
      St. Glicherie of Romania was brutally persecuted as
      well. Was it correct for the Synod to stand by and
      watch all this occur?
      On another point: why do Orthodox patriarchs send
      birthday greetings to heretics like the Pope? Was such
      a polite attitude exhibited for Arius and Nektarios-
      much less engaging in common prayer with such heretics
      and this Pope and this group-the Latins are far worse
      heretics than Arius and Nektarius combined. They are
      multiple heretics
      (createdgrace/ecumenism/Filioque/Immaculate
      Conception/ indulgences/
      pre-destination/Purgatory/Papacy etc etc.) They have
      attacked the Creed in many more areas than Arius and
      Nektarios combined. How does are chummy relationship
      with them compare to the treat that Saints like St.
      Athanasius reserved for Arius? The whole ecumenical
      atmosphere with its "politness" is totally divorced
      from how the Church deals with heretics. How about a
      novel idea: a pan Orthodox service to pray for the
      return of the heretics and pagans to the Holy Church
      instead of these common prayer serivices with our
      "Sister Churches."
      Joseph Digrande
      --- David Constantine Wright <constans@...>

      > # Joy of All Who Sorrow Eastern Orthodox Church
      > (ROCOR) #
      > # Church Web Site -
      > http://www.churchabroad.org/parish/htm #

      Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!