Mikhail Bakhtin

  • ljames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2000
      By accident, I came upon a note I had made in 1986. It concerned a concept
      which is said to be the "crucial concept" put forward by Kikhail Bakhtin:
      "Unfinalizability."

      This is characterized (in my note) as being: "the human tendency to defy all
      that purports to be fixed and stable."

      Bakhtin's principal idea seems to have been: "A person's mind and language
      are the ver-lasting products of his interactions with other people---and thus
      with history and society."

      Can any of our learned brothers and sisters shed some light on Bakhtin and
      his works?

      Father Andrew