Paschal Appeal

  • aspinaequi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8 12:30 PM
      I am forwarding a Paschal Appeal from the Fund For Assistance fo the Russian
      Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.

      Alexander Kulesha
      Treasurer - Fund for Assistance

      Paschal Appeal follows:

      FUND FOR ASSISTANCE TO THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OUTSIDE RUSSIA

      75 East 93rd Street,
      New York, NY
      10128-1390, USA

      "Let God arise! and let His enemies be scattered..."
      Christ is risen ! Indeed He is risen!
      April 2000

      On Behalf of our First-Hierarch, His Eminence Metropolitan Vitaly, the
      Executive Committee and all donors , we greet you with the Holy Feast of
      Christ's Resurrection and extend our best wishes of good health and
      spiritual joy to all.

      The Fund for Assistance is appealing for Pascha Donations

      -for the support of our monasteries and convents in the Holy Land and
      other countries
      -for the development of seminary education and missionary activity
      -for the dissemination of spiritual and community-related literature
      -for the support of Orthodox education among our children
      -for our participation in the spiritual revival of Russia
      -for the support of the Synod of Bishop's Chancery
      -for the support of newly-forming parishes throughout our diaspora
      -for the support of church-related endeavors

      Please, also remember the Church in your will.

      The Annual Meeting of the Fund for Assistance took place on Sunday, April
      9, 2000 in the presence of Bishop Gabriel in the Synod's Home in New York
      City after the liturgy. All members of the Executive Committee were reelected
      with minor changes among full and alternate members The financial report was
      approved and is attached to this appeal.

      The Fund for Assistance would like to bring to the attention of all donors
      and friends:

      -The periodical "Orthodox Life" (bimonthly, $12.00/yr.).
      Please order from: Holy Trinity Monastery, ..Orthodox Russia,
      Jordanville, NY 13361-0036.

      -Also: "Orthodox America", ($10.00,8 issues/yr.)
      published at: P.O. Box 383. Richfield Springs NY 13439

      -And: "Living Orthodoxy" ($18.00,6 issues/yr.)
      published at: St. John of Kronstadt Press, 1180 Orthodox Way. Liberty
      TN 37095-4366

      The Fund for Assistance is appealing for volunteer helpers for office work
      at our headquarters in NYC.

      The Fund for Assistance expresses its deep gratitude to all those who
      respond
      to our appeals and the needs of the Church.

      Please write checks to "Fund for Assistance" (in US currency) and forward
      the above address.