recovery

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2000
      Christ is risen! Thanks be to God, I was released from St. Thomas
      (after 10 days' treatment for one of the most severe cases of malaria
      ever experienced there, plus a septic blood infection into the
      bargain. I was able to return home in time to hear the last services
      of Holy Week by monitor, then receive the Holy Mysteries at the
      Paschal Liturgy in the wee hours of holy Pascha. I was able, by
      God's grace, to assist (but not serve) for the Agape Vespers, and
      have been able to serve daily Bright Week Vespers since (but not
      Liturgy). Please pray that God will give the grace and healing that
      I may at least serve Liturgy Bright Saturday and Thomas Sunday.
      Prognosis is for full recovers in about 6 months, with no threat of
      recurrence (but no permanent immunity either). Your continuing
      prayers will be greatly appreciated.
      --Fr. Gregory Williams

      1180 Orthodox Way
      Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

      Phone: (615) 536-5239
      FAX: (615) 536-5945
      E-mail: frgregory@...
    • Robert M. Garrett
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2000
        Father bless.

        Christ is Risen!

        I am thrilled to hear of your recovery, Fr. Gregory. I pray that God will
        give you strength upon strength in the coming days and weeks.

        Love in Christ,
        --
        Michael Garrett
        Fukuoka, Japan

        on 5/9/00 1:18 AM, Fr. Gregory Williams at frgregory@... wrote:

        > Christ is risen! Thanks be to God, I was released from St. Thomas
        > (after 10 days' treatment for one of the most severe cases of malaria
        > ever experienced there, plus a septic blood infection into the
        > bargain. I was able to return home in time to hear the last services
        > of Holy Week by monitor, then receive the Holy Mysteries at the
        > Paschal Liturgy in the wee hours of holy Pascha. I was able, by
        > God's grace, to assist (but not serve) for the Agape Vespers, and
        > have been able to serve daily Bright Week Vespers since (but not
        > Liturgy). Please pray that God will give the grace and healing that
        > I may at least serve Liturgy Bright Saturday and Thomas Sunday.
        > Prognosis is for full recovers in about 6 months, with no threat of
        > recurrence (but no permanent immunity either). Your continuing
        > prayers will be greatly appreciated.
        > --Fr. Gregory Williams
        >
        > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        > 1180 Orthodox Way
        > Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA
        >
        > Phone: (615) 536-5239
        > FAX: (615) 536-5945
        > E-mail: frgregory@...

      • Chris Maas
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2000
          Thank you Father. You have mine (and all of my best wishes as well).

          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2000
            Chist is risen!

            Thanks, Chris! A long way to go... but at least I can answer my
            mail! BTW... Matthew has been rather urgently trying to contact you
            so we can set up proper links between your server and ours. Can you
            help out? He should be in the office by 10AM today at latest.
            --Fr. Gregory Williams

            1180 Orthodox Way
            Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

            Phone: (615) 536-5239