Re: [orthodox-synod] Concerning ... Rights and Duties ...

  • fraese
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2000
      My husband did a lot of research on the 12 Step program about five years ago.  This program is being used for everything from AA to Overeater's Anonymous, and a lot in between. It was actually one of the things that brought us to the ROCA - because we saw that there was absolutely no hope for change through the '12 Steps', and the modern Orthodox (at least here in Alberta) are all pushing 12-Step meetings in their churches. Instead of teaching the Orthodox way of life, the teachings of the fathers, the church, the sacraments, for overcoming the hold that passions have on us, they teach modern mishmash.
      Theodora
      From: Nikolaj

      AA does not work! AA suggests a fake god of your own imagination.
      9 out of 10 who attend their first meeting never return.
      out those who stay, only a very very little percentage gain recovery.

      Alcoholism is a demon . neither new - nor incurable.
      It is in the Scriptures how to drive out these demons.

      Nikolaj

      eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod