[orthodox-synod] Tsar Martyr Nikolai

  • TALLSCAPES@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2000
      How wonderfully different from worldly models is the example
      we see in the tsar marytr Nikolaj, despite any imperfections as
      man and autocrat.

      Under the stress of persecution he drew closer to Orthodoxy.
      He did not cling to power nor shed blood for personal gain.
      He drew closer to the gospel teachings of our Saviour...turning
      the other cheek, leading his family in prayer.

      Foolish Peter tries to keep this example in mind in the face of
      our ever more secular society, ever more violent, ever bolder in
      shame and ever more intolerant of piety!