[orthodox-synod] Re: Archbishop Averkii's View Of Monarchy

  • emrys`nz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2000
      > "Constitutional" (a/k/a/ "parliamentary") monarchy is
      > in no wise a *genuine* Monarchy (the principle of *rule* by *one*,
      > by a *supreme principle*}; rather, it is a *debasement* of the very
      > concept of Monarchy, verging upon the abomination of "democracy" --

      Steady on......

      Those of us who have Her Majesty the Queen of England as our monarch and
      who are politely refraining from joining in this debate take some
      exception to our monarchy being gratuitously besmirched as a
      *debasement.* Is there any real need to attack our monarchy and Her
      Majesty? Please be more careful about throwing around words like
      *debasement* and *abomination.*

      Long Live the Queen - Freedom Wears a Crown!

      Fr Ambrose