[orthodox-synod] Re: Rurik

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2000
      Rurik, as I have repeatedly said, was a Viking thug. He came to rule
      Ukraine, and his descendants ended being "Caesar". Not too shabby a legacy.

      There's nothing for Vova to be ashamed of. He wasn't saying Rurik was a
      German. I thought he was just alluding to the ancestry of the Romanovs.
      Tsar Nicholas's mother was a Dane, but a very large segment of his ancestry
      was German.

      That is just a fact.

      ALJJ+