[orthodox-synod] Re: Consuming vodka

  • Joseph Digrande
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 3:16 PM
      That is very true- that one is responsible for one's
      thoughts and actions.
      Likewise autocratic governments are responsible for
      their policies like the support for opium trade with
      China or profit and control of the vodka trade in
      Russia.
      That is why governmental support of abortion in this
      country is seen as evil and needs to be opposed. Of
      course every woman can choose but the government and
      private groups who support abortion on demand as a
      right are opposed for being partially responsible for
      the "culture of death"
      Since autorcrats have much more power than government
      that is divided, the introduction, sale, distribution
      of vodka in Russia by the Orthodox state was immoral
      and needed to be opposed. Not opposing it weakened the
      monarchy, the Church and the Orthodox family- the
      backbone of society. Also someone born with fetal
      alcohol syndrome or FAE is a responsible victim with
      an extremely heavy cross to bear. There were many of
      them in Russia as well (and there are many today).
      The Romanovs and the Windsors were cousins- extremely
      well educated- I wonder if the opium and vodka trade
      ever came up between them on their visits with each
      other.

      http://click.egroups.com/1/2579/5/_/4386/_/954600117/

      http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1

      http://im.yahoo.com