[orthodox-synod] Re: Consuming vodka

  • TeklaI@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2000
      The point of my post was this, which you missed:

      I am responsible for what I do to my own body, not someone else.

      This flies in the face of post-Freudian thinking, but it is in line with New
      Testament thinking. I believe that many posting here have failed to take a
      look at their cultural assumptions, being immersed in them.

      Elizabeth
    • Joseph Digrande
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2000
        That is very true- that one is responsible for one's
        thoughts and actions.
        Likewise autocratic governments are responsible for
        their policies like the support for opium trade with
        China or profit and control of the vodka trade in
        Russia.
        That is why governmental support of abortion in this
        country is seen as evil and needs to be opposed. Of
        course every woman can choose but the government and
        private groups who support abortion on demand as a
        right are opposed for being partially responsible for
        the "culture of death"
        Since autorcrats have much more power than government
        that is divided, the introduction, sale, distribution
        of vodka in Russia by the Orthodox state was immoral
        and needed to be opposed. Not opposing it weakened the
        monarchy, the Church and the Orthodox family- the
        backbone of society. Also someone born with fetal
        alcohol syndrome or FAE is a responsible victim with
        an extremely heavy cross to bear. There were many of
        them in Russia as well (and there are many today).
        The Romanovs and the Windsors were cousins- extremely
        well educated- I wonder if the opium and vodka trade
        ever came up between them on their visits with each
        other.

        http://click.egroups.com/1/2579/5/_/4386/_/954600117/

        http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1

        http://im.yahoo.com