[orthodox-synod] Re: Sv: Sv: Concerning ... Rights and Duties ...

  • Joseph Digrande
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2000
      Dear Reader Constatine: It was St. Phillip of Moscow
      who confronted Ivan the Terrible for murdering his
      son. But I don't think he excommunicated him. St.
      Phillip paid with his life though.
      God grant that we have a true Orthodox monarchy in
      Romania, Serbia and Russia and that the Church is
      peopled by saints such as St. Phillip and Ambrose. If
      God was both outraged and merciful enough to raise up
      the prophet Nathan to confront King David over one
      sin(combination adultery and murder), how much more
      has the need been these last 600 years in Russia and
      how meager has been the results. Every time the Church
      let the monarchy slide, the monarchy got weaker
      spiritually. God grant that the Church fulfills the
      role vis a vis the monarchy that will make both
      stronger.\
      By the way, I will be traveling to Atlanta- how far
      away is your Church from the city center?
      Joseph Digrande

      --- David Constantine Wright <constans@...>

      http://click.egroups.com/1/2377/5/_/4386/_/954424169/

      http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=orthodox-synod&m=1