[orthodox-synod] Re: heavy and sorrowful heart!

  • Rachel Peters
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30, 2000
      I decided to celebrate the Old World Order today and wore my pin of a portrait of the Royal Martyrs into work.  I think the entire world - and not only Russians - would benefit from learning about the great loss the world sustained with the loss of the Holy Tsar and his family.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Russian nationalism.

      Sinner, Katina -
      An American Orthodox whose Russian & Greek blood runs very thin (Great-great grandparents).

      Nikolaj wrote:

      Dear Friends.

      I write this with an extremely heavy and sorrowful heart!

      I find the postings about the Russian Tsar both extremely dishonourable and respectless towards my Patron Saint as well as to the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia, who is indeed the Church of Holy Russia preserved and kept intact.

      I know I am not the only one who is worried by these postings, but I am probably the only one on this list to defend the memory of the Tsar Martyr!
      Then so be it !

      To Those who scorn and thwart the memory of the Russian Tsar!
      Know that it is a great sin to slander the dead - not least a Martyr canonized by the Orthodox Church.
      Repeat your slander of the Tsar Martyr when you face God in prayer !

      Do those people know anything at all about this loving Orthodox Family of the Holy Royal Martyrs?
      Do those people know how heavy the burden is for an Orthodox Christian to go to war?
      Can they imagine what a spiritual burden it was for Tsar Nikolaj to take upon his shoulders the responsibility of not only the whole of Russia - but also for the outcome of a war?

      Then perhaps you might catch a glimpse of what evil this Martyr fought against, in the name of Holy Russia. In the name of all the nameless martyred soldiers who fell to save Paris. All this was a burden untold - upon his heart.
      Do you know how The Tsar struggled inside with the knowledge of how many widows and fatherless children were left in the villages all over Russia because of this war? For the Tsar who was himself a Father.
      Do you know how it felt for The Tsar to take upon himself the fate of Russia?
      He did it without a falter.
      To him was given a cross to cary from birth - he carried it right to the end - right to the cellar in Ekaterinburg. The Golgata of Holy Russia.

      And to those out there who wants to judge this corageous and strong Orthdox Tsar, with whom God did bless Russia !
      Shame on them for forgetting the 2 years of humiliating captivity.
      Shame on them for not remembering in tears that cellar in Ekaterinburg!
      Shame on them for not weeping over the death of Holy Russia!

      Many of these anti-russian postings are a lamentable proof of the sorry spiritual state of ROCOR.
      It is not strange that har trials such as the one in Jericho may befall on us. Not strange at all.

      It is not only the MP who has to repent of Sergianism and a disrepectful attitude towards the Holy Royal Martyrs of Russia - the postings on this mailing list proves to mine and others great sadness that we in ROCOR also have a lot of spiritual repenting to do in this respect!

      Shame to those who make fun of the dead! And especially those who make fun and slander the Martyrs of Holy Russia!
      Was it not for the precious blood of these Martyrs - the Royal as well as the common
      - we would not have had any Church at all !

      Holy Tsar Martyr Nikolaj!
      Holy Tsaritsa Martyr Alexandra!
      Holy Tsesarevich Martyr Alexei!
      Holy Tsarevna Martyrs Olga
      Tatiana, Maria and Anastasia!
      Pray unto God for us sinners!

      Go to Russia and seek out an abandoned Church from before 1917.
      Sit there, see the decayed walls - the ruins -  and weep!!
      Then God will reveal in your soul how big the sacrifice of Holy Russia was!

      Yours in Christ
      Nikolaj
      (Named after the Tsar Martyr)

      Get paid for the stuff you know!
      Get answers for the stuff you don?t. And get $10 to spend on the site!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/5/_/4386/_/954448761/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=orthodox-synod&m=1

    • Michael Malloy
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2000
        Dear Friends -

        Please, everyone, lighten up a little! We are in Great Lent and many of
        you are letting the passions take control of your actions. Also, please
        consider the possibility that some differences in use of the English
        language may be contributing to misunderstandings.

        I would take this opportunity to defend Nikolaj, who I believe is a pious
        and very serious Orthodox Christian.

        Michael Malloy (Not related to anybody named Mallory)

        "Logic is irrelevant. Minutia is for people with no imagination."

        "Those who are not satisfied with what they have to sustain life but who
        seek for more, make themselves the slaves of passions" - St Anthony the Great

        "Blazhen muzh, izhe nye ide na sovyet nechestivykh..."
        - Psalm 1
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Michael Malloy (malloy.2@...) (614) 292-2319
        O.S.U. Music and Dance Library: Room 166 Sullivant Hall
        1813 North High Street: Columbus OH 43210
      • Pravoslavny@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2000
          Good Idea. Lent shouldn't be for just giving up food. How many of us could
          give up the Internet for lent? We should be aiming toward a more spiritual
          life in prayer, love and fasting. I agree leave him alone. A Blessed Lent to
          all My Orthodox Brothers and Sisters. Sinner Leonid
        • Irene Damestoy
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2000
            I usually never respond to anything on the list. I just read all the
            posts...But, I really feel for Nikolaj! Here it is Great Lent, and
            everyone is being judgemental and self-righteous and critical of one
            another, and of the former Tsar and Martyr of Russia! Is this not an
            Orthodox list? Yes, it is easy to sit in our comfortable homes and to
            debate about what one *knows* about the monarchy and weather or not vodka
            being sold to the Russians was the direct cause of alchoholism in Russia.
            We live in a free society here in the US.....wouldn't everyone get upset
            if the sale of alchohol here were prohibited? Is it not then, our choice,
            each and every day whether or not we will buy alchohol and abuse it or
            not? Is it not according to our free will? Do we not have the choice, on
            a daily basis, to choose good over evil? So how is it that one can blame
            one person for the choice another person makes? Do we not have the
            ability to buy a gun and to use it for evil, like some unfortunately do?
            *Whose* fault is that?
            It is lent, and being an Orthodox list I was stupidly expecting
            interesting debates and spiritually uplifting items to read....things to
            share with one another, as it is difficult to be an Orthodox in this
            society. ( I am grateful for those posts that are! ) Do we not read the
            Prayer of St. Ephram the Syrian during this time of spiritual renewal and
            repentance, and prostrate ourselves in front of our Lord in the attempt
            to regain our humility, and to strive towards our salvation?
            Please.....*read* the prayer, and *really* look at the words and let them
            sink in! All the trivia and *knowledge* in the world will not change
            one's spiritual state or contribute anything towards one's salvation. Why
            does the Lord say that one must become as children? Because of the purity
            of their hearts. Sometimes ignorance *is* bliss! Better to be simple and
            meek....than worldlyand highly knowledgeable which we know is not always
            the best thing for one's soul. And, as for the Tsar and the *vodka*
            debate....how does one even know the *real* truth? Were you actually
            there? What are the sources of these *facts*? Have you ever tried being a
            Tsar and governing an entire country, and tried to maintain and uphold
            one's own Orthodox beliefs and incorporating that into one's very soul at
            the same time? From what I see, and the little I know, Tsar-Martyr
            Nicholas and his family were pious Orthodox Christians and died for their
            faith. As to how the country was run, I am quite positive he tried his
            best. Standing up for the Truth is one thing......judging is another!
            Better to look inwardly at our own sins, and leave the all judging to
            God.
            In Christ,
            Irene
          • Irene Damestoy
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2000
              > Judgements, however, are made, willy nilly. Irene made a judgement,
              > when she decided to post something.

              ...yes, I did....and please forgive me if I have offended anyone! My only

              intention was to stop all the slandering of the Tsar- Martyr Nicholas and

              to remind us all ( including myself! ) to focus on our own salvations.
              In need of your prayers,
              the sinful and unworthy Irene
            • LJames6034@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31, 2000
                For the record, I had nothing against what you wrote, Irene.
                I was just pointing out the inevitable. One cannot live, without making
                judgements. (I was not, however, judging you or what you wrote.)

                ALJJ+
              • fraese
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2000
                  Please forgive me, I have been very busy and not really reading any of these posts about the Royal Martyrs, and to be honest I still don't know what most of them say.  However, I just want to put in my support in favor of edifying each other.  The church teaches that it is edifying to honor the martyrs, and I am very thankful for all who encourage us to keep doing that.
                  Theodora

                  Nikolaj wrote:

[...]

                  Automatic, Safe, Reliable Backups and Restores.
                  eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
                • fraese
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 31, 2000

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 31, 2000
                      When is judgement not really a Judgement? When is a judgement really just a
                      decision or a conclusion? Isn't condemnation an essential element in the
                      forbidden kind of Judgement? Isn't it a Judgement when we holler at each
                      other for Judging, sometimes? And doesn't some Father of the Church have
                      something to say about what is Judgement and what is merely discernment and
                      conclusory decisions? Something like that. Something to think about
                      anyway.

                      Joseph M