Re: On Unity of the Orthodox Church of Christ

  • blinachka
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 16, 2007
      Michael N. wrote:

      "The Church cannot pray for those outside the Church."

      If this is the case then how is it that the Church (ROCOR within the
      USA) prays for the armed forces of the USA and the President (and
      leaders) of the USA at each Liturgy? Last I checked they were not a
      part of the Church.

      Praying for others whether they are a part of the Orthodox Church or
      not is simply the right thing to do. ("Even at the eleventh hour..." )

      Respectfully,

      Nina Ledkovsky

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Basil Yakimov <byakimov@...>
      wrote:

      > Dear Elizabeth,
      >
      > Go ahead for and celebrate the deaths of butchers Lenin/Stalin an
      all their comapny, including the coward and usurper of Church
      authority sergius..

      > S Bogom!
      >
      > unworthy as I am , protod.. from Canberra
      >
      > michael nikitin <nikitinmike@...> wrote: ROCOR Never celebrated a
      Pannikhida for Metr. Sergius.

      ______________
      > Got a little couch potato?
      > http://search.yahoo.com/search?
      fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

    • Athanasios Jayne
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 20, 2007
        An interesting book/translation now available:

        The Quest for Reform of the Orthodox Church: The 1923 Pan-Orthodox
        Congress
        by Fr. Patrick Viscuso
        Format: Soft Bound
        ...This book is a complete translation of the discussions and decisions
        dealing with the new Church calendar, the Orthodox "diaspora", the
        marriage of deacons, priests and bishops, the role of the laity, reform
        of canon law, liturgical and spiritual life, modernization of tradition-
        -the burning issues still at large today. 208 pages. $24.95

        http://www.light-n-life.com/shopping/order_product.asp?
        ProductNum=QUES025