Re: TIME Magazine: Putin's Reunited Russian Church

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 5, 2007
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Theodora" <theomtn@...> wrote:

      > Ah, what a world. In case someone else wants to shout about
      the "quilt". I
      > said "icons" for the Feast Days but they are really
      > not.........forgive....but they are embr. designs for the Feast

      No, you are right the first time: they are icons. Icons may be made of
      many different materials. Remember, Fr. Anthony blessed the embroidered
      icon of St. Juliana of Lazarevo with Holy Water and set it in the Altar
      for 40 days... which is what the Church does for icons.

      In Christ Made Flesh,
      Rd. DC

      | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      | http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |