Re: TIME Magazine: Putin's Reunited Russian Church

  • David-Constantine Wright
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 5, 2007
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Theodora" <theomtn@...> wrote:

      > The kind that has a mother who does emb. icons and was blessed to
      give this
      > "quilt" with icons for all the Feast Days to her son before she
      reposes so
      > that he would have a sample of her work as a remembrance (which I
      told was
      > quiet permissible) This is done is the tradition of older
      Orthodoxy
      > needlework in several countries throughout the world and is in no
      way a
      > "freak" thing and date far back in Orthodox culture. Lord have
      mercy on you
      > and your lack of understanding of our Faith. And your lack of
      compassion
      > and love as is seen in all your posts to whomever you dislike.

      Don't let the leagalistic pharisees get you down. One thing I've
      discovered is that our Church, our Faith, is much bigger and better
      than they are (than I used to be). Remember what Fr. Anthony said to
      you concerning them, how good and praiseworthy they are.

      The Cross, BTW, was made by a lovely and Orthodox woman in California
      who belongs to the Jerusalem Patriarchate and makes and sells many of
      these Crosses as a ministry for the parish there. What is upon the
      Cross are mounted from the little icon buttons which one may find in
      canonical Orthodox bookstores.

      In Christ Made Flesh,
      Rd. DC

      | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      | http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |
    • David-Constantine Wright
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 5, 2007
        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Theodora" <theomtn@...> wrote:

        > Ah, what a world. In case someone else wants to shout about
        the "quilt". I
        > said "icons" for the Feast Days but they are really
        > not.........forgive....but they are embr. designs for the Feast

        No, you are right the first time: they are icons. Icons may be made of
        many different materials. Remember, Fr. Anthony blessed the embroidered
        icon of St. Juliana of Lazarevo with Holy Water and set it in the Altar
        for 40 days... which is what the Church does for icons.