Re: [orthodox-synod] Amnesty

  • Paul Bartlett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007
      On Thu, 24 May 2007, michael nikitin wrote:

      > Fr. Valery Lukianow said in a sermon that Metr. Lavr sent a
      > letter to all the priests who are leaving him and is offering
      > them amnesty should they wish to return to him.
      >
      > Do people remember the Amnesty that Stalin offered to Russians
      > who left USSR?

      It has never been quite clear to me whether you are a communicant in
      the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russian. On those rare occasions
      when I post, I have at least admitted honestly that I am an apostate,
      even if one who remains sympathetic to Orthodox Christianity and who
      was once a communicant in ROCOR.

      --
      Paul Bartlett
      Fairfax County, VA (USA)