Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Rev. Vladimir Anderson is with Bishop Agafangel

  • skalfov1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 4, 2007
      Can you tell me which one was the "uniate" please, and how were you able to ID him?

      I was there, I took the picture - so if there's something that we missed please help us identify him...

      Sergei Kalfov

      From: Basil Yakimov <byakimov@...>
      Father David,

      I know your Bishop is now pro post soviet MP 360 degrees-- so why should any clergy be concerned -- look at Seattle (St Nickolas) -- your Bishop should have indeed blessed father Alexis to do an ecumenical service - he probably did ... I looked at the photos, I believe I saw one "uniate' among the serving clergy but what the HEC your Bishop .. is now now anything goes ... music and and dancing in the church aisles next... GOD help us not!

      With Love always in our Lord Jesus Christ!

      I hope you got what you wanted...

      unworthy as I am , protodeacon Basil from Canberra

      frvictor@... wrote: How many parishioners does he have in his parish?
      Priest Victor Boldewskul

      From: "Archpriest David Moser" <moserd@...>
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "isbnnbsi" <isbnnbsi@...> wrote:

      > I beg to disagree with your "certainty" concerning Fr. Vladimir
      > Anderson of the St. John the Almsgiver parish in California because
      > he, in fact, has come under Bishop Agafangel. I just spoke to Fr.
      > Vladimir on the phone, who was surprised that you would post such a
      > comment, since you did not even contact him for verification.

      I was indeed in error. I did not have a phone number for Fr Vladimir
      and he is not on the internet so when I read his name on the list of
      clergy, I was quite surprised - since I had not even heard a hint of
      his concerns. I contacted his dean (who is also the closest priest to
      him geographically) and his dean assured me that Fr Vladimir was still
      under Archbishop Kyrill of SF.

      Fr Vladimir just called me this evening and confirmed to me that he
      has indeed sought to go with bishop Agafangel - however he did not
      even bother to talk to his own Archbishop or any of his brother clery
      in the Western Diocese about his decison. I am greatly grieved and
      saddened by his decision to separate himself from his lawful hierarch.
      As a favor to him, I am posting this correction of my original error.

      ArchPr David Moser

    • morechoff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 5, 2007
        Can you identify which clergy and jurisdictions attended? I see quite a few OCA clergy.

        Not sure how you can identify a "uniate" just by looking at a picture? :)

        Michael Orechoff

        From: "Archpriest David Moser" <moserd@...>