It's never too early.... Russian Festival and cookbook

  • matanna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4 10:05 AM
      Usually our parish has its annual Russian festival the second weekend in
      June. But this year, that's the first day of the Apostles' fast (which begins
      today). So we've moved the festival to the Saturday after Labor Day, Sept. 8 new
      style. We will be renting space to vendors and artisans, some of the moms
      are having a used children's clothing sale, and we will have the usual amazing
      Russian cuisine.

      This year we are also putting out a new version of the parish cookbook,
      expanded, with more recipes from all the ethnic backgrounds in our parish. There
      will be lenten and non-lenten recipes, Russian and non-Russian.

      We will have more information available as it gets closer to the date, but
      if you live anywhere near Connecticut (defined, during baseball season, by my
      youngest as "the no-man's land between two warring tribes, Boston and New
      York"), please consider coming. We welcome crafters and vendors, especially
      those with Russian or church-related items.

      In Christ,
      Matushka Ann Lardas
      St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church
      Stratford, CT