Memorandum of the Metropolitan Vlasie of the Romanian Old Calendar Orthodox Church

  • Alexandre de Bonnefoi
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2007
      Memorandum of the Metropolitan Vlasie of the Romanian Old Calendar Orthodox Church.

      With the recent signing of the Act of Canonical Union between ROCOR and ROC MP on the Feast of the Ascension, it is my duty to state the following:

      The Romanian Old calendar church during the tenure of the First Hierarch Metropolitan Laurus since 2001until May 17, 2007 has very meticulously observed the changes taking place in ROCOR.

      The beginning of the dialogue between the MP and ROCOR was very encouraging. We hoped that the MP Hierarchy would hear the righteous voice of the Free Part of the Russian Church
      which had vouchsafed the traditions of the Fathers and Holy Canons.

      However, to our distress the path of dialogue chosen by ROCOR was becoming more and more alarming to us because the dialogue was becoming more one sided. The desire of ROCOR to establish relations in the Russian Church had been proceeded in such a way that the Moscow Patriarchate did not change its previous course of apostasy. The activities of the Moscow Patriarchate in the WCC and participation in the Ecumenical Movement had continued to expand. The repentance in the grave sins of Sergianism never took place. The path of dialogue chosen by Metropolitan Laurus and his Synod increasingly convinced us that this premature
      \u003cbr /\>This led the Synod in Resistance in Greece to brake\u003cbr /\>communion with ROCOR and justifiably so. Furthermore,\u003cbr /\>to our surprise in 2006 without the slightest\u003cbr /\>explanation, ROCOR severed Eucharistical Communion\u003cbr /\>with the Old Calendar Churches of Romania and\u003cbr /\>Bulgaria. To this very day we were not given an\u003cbr /\>official statement and explanation from the ROCOR\u003cbr /\>Synod as to why our communion was terminated.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>We have heard that ROCOR published info in the Church\u003cbr /\>publication "Church Life" about the breakking of\u003cbr /\>communion between our Churches, however, we have never\u003cbr /\>received an official communique about cessastion of\u003cbr /\>communion between our sister Churches.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\> After careful examination of the Act of Canonical\u003cbr /\>Union between ROCOR and ROC MP, we find that the First\u003cbr /\>Hierarch
      Metropolitan Laurus as well as the majority\u003cbr /\>of his Synod had in fact become an integral and\u003cbr /\>subservient part of MP.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>Since the Romanian Old Calendar Church headed by\u003cbr /\>myself never broke communion with ROCOR, I feel that\u003cbr /\>it is important to continue Eucharistical union with\u003cbr /\>that part of ROCOR that did not enter into union with\u003cbr /\>MP.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\> If Genuine ROCOR Bishops like Bishop Daniel of Eerie\u003cbr /\>and Bishop Agafangel of Odessa will find it necessary\u003cbr /\>to invite us for Hirotoniyas of new Bishops for their\u003cbr /\>church, our Synod would gladly participate in such an\u003cbr /\>endeavor.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>It might be beneficial to send the representatives of\u003cbr /\>our Synod to participate in the 5th All Diaspora\u003cbr /\>Council of ROCOR.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>08/21.05.2007 Metropolitan Vlasie\u003cbr /\>
      Signature and Seal.\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>\u003cbr /\>Пере&\u003cwbr /\>#1085;есе&\u003cwbr /\>#1085;ие\u003cbr /\>;\u003cbr /\>моще&\u003cwbr /\>",1] ); //--> union was imminent.

      This led the Synod in Resistance in Greece to brake communion with ROCOR and justifiably so. Furthermore, to our surprise in 2006 without the slightest explanation, ROCOR severed Eucharistical Communion with the Old Calendar Churches of Romania and Bulgaria. To this very day we were not given an official statement and explanation from the ROCOR Synod as to why our communion was terminated.

      We have heard that ROCOR published info in the Church publication "Church Life" about the breakking of communion between our Churches, however, we have never received an official communique about cessastion of communion between our sister Churches.

      After careful examination of the Act of Canonical Union between ROCOR and ROC MP, we find that the First Hierarch Metropolitan Laurus as well as the majority of his Synod had in fact become an integral and subservient part of MP.

      Since the Romanian Old Calendar Church headed by myself never broke communion with ROCOR, I feel that it is important to continue Eucharistical union with that part of ROCOR that did not enter into union with MP.

      If Genuine ROCOR Bishops like Bishop Daniel of Eerie and Bishop Agafangel of Odessa will find it necessary to invite us for Hirotoniyas of new Bishops for their church, our Synod would gladly participate in such an endeavor.

      It might be beneficial to send the representatives of our Synod to participate in the 5th All Diaspora Council of ROCOR.

      08/21.05.2007 Metropolitan Vlasie
      Signature and Seal.