Diocesen Decree ....

  • Basil Yakimov
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2007
      Decree of the Assembly
      of the Widowed Eastern-American Diocese
      of the Widowed Russian Church Abroad

      May 5/18, 2007
      Memory of the Great Martyr Irina

      In connection with the signing of the Act of Canonical Communion on the Feast Day of the Ascension of the Lord on May 4/17 of this year, and the joining of a part of the Church Abroad in the structure of the sergianist Moscow Patriarchy, and its canonical subordination to it, occurring yesterday, we - the priests of the Eastern-American Diocese and those laypeople who support us, consider this action of our Synod, which was taken in violation of the Conciliar opinion of the body of our Church Abroad, to not be binding for the faithful members of ROCA.

      The merger with the MP(Moscow Patriarchy) undertaken by a part of the Church Abroad is not a solution to the question of the unity of the Russian Orthodox Church. This matter can only be resolved by the Church’s independent Local Council, as was called for in the Conciliar Resolution of the IV All-Diaspora Council.

      With Metropolitan Laurus' Synod having joined the Moscow Patriarchy; which is in schism from the Local Russian Orthodox Church, which lacks a Prelate with Apostolic succession, which causes it to be in schism from the Universal Church, which continues its membership in the World Council of Churches and the participation in the heresy of ecumenism, constitutes a joining with heretical schismatics and the departure of Metropolitan Laurus' Synod from the Church Abroad into the sergianist schism, thereby causing a schism in the
      Church Abroad itself.

      According to the 33rd rule of the Holy Laodicean Council, which forbids Orthodox faithful to pray with heretics or apostate-schismatics, we are compelled, with a painful heart, to cease our prayerful communion with Metropolitan Laurus, his bishops and clergy, who have perpetrated schism in the Church Abroad, and release ourselves from subordination to the Synod of Metropolitan Laurus, which went from ROCA into schism.

      Therefore we, the undersigned, having considered the action taken by Metropolitan Laurus' Synod to be unfounded canonically, premature and life-threatening, hereby declare:

      1. To remain based in the existing Status of the ROCA .

      2. To ask the bishops remaining faithful to the traditional course of ROCA to form a Provisional Supreme Ecclesiastical Authority (PSEA), to convene a Vth All-Diaspora Council, and reinstate the ROCA Synod, which has ceased to exist.

      3. To ask Agafangel, Bishop of Buenos Aires and South America , who also governs the Crimean Diocese, and Daniel, Bishop of Erie, to take our widowed Diocese under their care.

      4. To give a blessing to the clergy of the Diocese to allow the following form of liturgical commemoration:
      “His Eminence, the Most Reverend Agafangel, Bishop of South America and Buenos Aires , governing the Eastern-American Diocese.”

      5. The Diocesan Assembly elected the Synodal Presbyter Viktor Dobrov for the position of secretary-administrator of the Eastern-American Diocese, as well as two assistant secretary-administrators: from the clergy - Protopriest Sergey Klestov, from the laypeople - Petr Nikolayevich Koltypin.

      6. The Diocesan Assembly proposes that the PSEA consider the candidacy of the most-honorable Abbot Andronik Kotlyarov for Ordination as a Bishop.

      Signatures:
      Archpriest Gregoriy Kotliarov
      Archpriest Wsewolod Dutikow
      Archpriest Sergey Klestov
      Priest Viktor Dobrov
      Hieromonk Evtikhiy Dovganyuk
      Priest Sergey Serzhanov
      Priest Ilya Gan (who added his signature on May 6/19)

      Alexander Volk (parish warden)
      Olga Kozinskaya (parish warden)
      Oleg Rodzianko (The Society of the Revniteli of the Memory of Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky)
      Petr Koltypin (The Society of the Revniteli of the Memory of Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky)
      Evgeniy Magerovskiy (The Society of the Revniteli of the Memory of Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky)

      The names of those not attending, who expressed a desire to add their signatures, and who authorized those present to sign for them:
      Hegumen Andronik Kotlyarov
      Archpriest Igor Hrebinka
      Archpriest Alexy Mikrikov
      Priest Nikita Grigoriev
      Hieromonk Savva Bogdan
      Hieromonk Ilya Sheptitsky
      Priest Daniil Meshter
      Protodeacon Job Chemerov

      While the Diocesan Assembly met in the city of Nyack , NY, similar assemblies took place throughout the Eastern-American Diocese at the same time in other deaneries. The resolutions of these local assemblies, conducted by trusted persons who support the present Decree and Resolution, will be sent separately by them, including all signatures, to Bishop Agafangel.

      +Reverend Viktor Dobrov

      Message 2 of 5 , May 27, 2007
        So Priest Victor Dobrov signs his name with a cross? I didn't know he was a bishop already....
        pvb

        Message 3 of 5 , May 28, 2007
          He also has the strange habit of, when coming out of the altar for
          the zaamvonniy molitvy at the end of liturgy, blessing the people as
          he walks out by making a two-handed sign of the cross... That poor
          man definitely has a prelestnaya image of himself, which is why, of
          course, he is getting wrapped up in this mess instead of behaving in
          an orderly manner and accepting the conciliar wisdom of his bishops.

          EALedkovsky

          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, frvictor@... wrote:

> [...]
          > Evgeniy Magerovskiy (The Society of the Revniteli of the Memory of
          Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky)

          > The names of those not attending, who expressed a desire to add
          their signatures, and who authorized those present to sign for them:
          > Hegumen Andronik Kotlyarov
          > Archpriest Igor Hrebinka
          > Archpriest Alexy Mikrikov
          > Priest Nikita Grigoriev
          > Hieromonk Savva Bogdan
          > Hieromonk Ilya Sheptitsky
          > Priest Daniil Meshter
          > Protodeacon Job Chemerov
          >
          > While the Diocesan Assembly met in the city of Nyack , NY, similar
          assemblies took place throughout the Eastern-American Diocese at the
          same time in other deaneries. The resolutions of these local
          assemblies, conducted by trusted persons who support the present
          Decree and Resolution, will be sent separately by them, including all

        • Alexandra Svetlov
          Message 4 of 5 , May 28, 2007
            Hi list,

            so the little stones continue their flight in the direction of
            individuals....

            What "conciliar" decision are we talking about? The Church is not a
            democracy where majority rules. Its a body where there is unity of
            mind and Spirit. So what conciliarity are we talking about given Vl
            Agafangel, Vl Daniel, Vl Gabriel, and the hundred of thousand of
            collateral damage who begged for the postponement of the Canonical
            communion with the current MP? And that's not counting Vl Vitali and
            all those who left the remaining ROCOR synod prior to the last few
            years because of the same issue - the movement towards canonical
            communion with the current MP.

            God give us all His perspective and forgive us sinners.
            in Christ our Lord,
            alexandra

            --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > > Evgeniy Magerovskiy (The Society of the Revniteli of the Memory of
            > Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky)
            > >
            > > The names of those not attending, who expressed a desire to add
            > their signatures, and who authorized those present to sign for them:
            > > Hegumen Andronik Kotlyarov
            > > Archpriest Igor Hrebinka
            > > Archpriest Alexy Mikrikov
            > > Priest Nikita Grigoriev
            > > Hieromonk Savva Bogdan
            > > Hieromonk Ilya Sheptitsky
            > > Priest Daniil Meshter
            > > Protodeacon Job Chemerov
            > >
            > > While the Diocesan Assembly met in the city of Nyack , NY, similar
            > assemblies took place throughout the Eastern-American Diocese at the
            > same time in other deaneries. The resolutions of these local
            > assemblies, conducted by trusted persons who support the present
            > Decree and Resolution, will be sent separately by them, including all

          • boulia_1
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29, 2007
              I recommend you make a pilgrimage to BUTOVO, Alexandra. Maybe that
              will give you some of His perspective and help you to forgive us
              sinners, inside the Church of Russia and outside. Where do you place
              yourself now?

              It seems to me that everyone against the reunification of the Church
              of Russia has not been there. Go. You will be glad you did.

              With greetings of the Feast of the Holy Spirit,
              Elizabeth Ledkovsky

              --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Alexandra Svetlov"