[orthodox-synod] Optimist or Pessimist in the Church?

  • UDUT, KENNETH
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 1999
      Optimist or Pessimist?

      How do we view the world? How do we view the Church?

      Is the Church dwindling to the tiniest of numbers (and we are it),
      is the Church growing?

      Has the world "gone to hell in a handbasket", so to speak? Is
      there no hope for other souls?

      Is it too late for repentence?

      Is it unnecessary, or futile, to bring others to Christ through the
      Church?

      Are more people discovering the Church and entering within? Is
      that healthy growth for the Church, or is it growth as a cancer
      grows?

      Everybody has different answers to these things.

      When we struggle to rally people together, what are we rallying
      people together for? Is it for bringing them back to health? Or
      is it to have a common enemy, assuming the health is already within
      those not an enemy? [the enemy of my enemy is my friend?]

      I wonder these things. Do we give up on the living? *Are* we
      giving up on the living, focusing on our own salvation? If we are
      focusing on our own salvation, are we driving others away from
      Christ in the process? Or are we struggling to heal ourselves so
      that we may be able to help heal others of their spiritual
      maladies?

      I don't know the answers to any of these questions. Perhaps
      someone here on the synod list can help with this.

      sinful Kenneth
      kenneth.udut@...

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod