Re: a question

  • polychrony
    Message 1 of 21 , May 9, 2007
      Actually, the divisive effects of the event of 1054 were quickly
      repaired and mutual recognition established. (Indeed, East-West
      excommunications did not begin in 1054, but started in earnest in 863,
      in the Photios-Nicholas schism). The events of 1100, however, created
      the permanent breach between Orthodoxy and the West.

      Some Orthodox theologians of exceptional standing aver that the Synod
      of 879-80 was Oecumencial as well.

      Polychronios