Re: Line of Succession of B.Tikhon of Omsk stems from Met. Vitaly

  • boulia_1
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2007
      <nikitinmike@...> wrote:

      > Dear List,
      >
      > Some say it is a lie that B.Tikhon was made bishop by
      > Metr.Vitaly, but the line of succession of consecrations for all
      > the bishops in Bishop Lazar's jurisdiction and Bishop Tikhon all
      > stem from ROCOR's Metr.Vitaly.

      And therein lies the problem and the flaw in your reasoning.
      Apostolic succession comes from SOBORNOST -- not from one bishop to
      another (this is not ecclesiastical primogeniture!) but from the
      sobor of bishops. Consecrations cannot be made willy-nilly on a whim
      of a sole bishop.

      Promulgating arguments to the contrary plays to the wishful thinking
      of those who are trying to justify schism because they are afraid of
      change.

      CHRIST IS RISEN!

      --Elizabeth A. Ledkovsky
    • Victor
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2007
        Sorry to disagree, Father Archimandrite Kiprian NEVER said a word in
        English, French maybe, but not English! How you can quote him is
        astonishing!
        DVL

        <nikitinmike@...> wrote:

        > Dear List,
        >
        > Some say it is a lie that B.Tikhon was made bishop by
        > Metr.Vitaly, but the line of succession of consecrations for all
        > the bishops in Bishop Lazar's jurisdiction and Bishop Tikhon all
        > stem from ROCOR's Metr.Vitaly.
        >
        > The line of succession of consecration for Patr. AlexeyII and the
        > bishops of MP all stem from Metr. Sergiy , Pimen, etc...which our
        > Synod Resolution of 1971 stated was invalid.
        >
        > Given the choices, Bishop Tikhon is a much better choice and one
        > that our new Russian Martyrs would have no doubt taken.
        >
        > Michael N
        >
        > P.S. Fr. Kiprian, from Jordanville taught us, summer boys, not to
        > say "he lied", but instead to say "he is not telling the truth".
        > The former ,he said, is truck drivers language and he was no
        > English teacher.
        >

        > --- matanna@... wrote:
        >
        > > Christ is risen!
        > > The person posting as Mike Nikitin quoted someone as saying:
        > >
        > > >We must note that Bishop Tichon was made a bishop by the late
        > > Met. Vitaly. So he is still part of the ROCA church. <
        > >
        > > This is a lie.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Fr. Gregory Williams
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2007
          Sorry ‹ Fr. Kiprian most decidedly said quite a number of words in English
          to me and my family.

          In Christ Jesus,
          Fr. Gregory Williams

          The Saint John of Kronstadt Press
          The Haitian Orthodox Mission
          The Orthodox Church of the Annunciation/Agape Community
          1180 Orthodox Way
          Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

          Catalog of books & recordings: www.sjkp.org
          Information on the Haitian Mission: www.orthodoxhaiti.org