Re: ROCOR-MP Meeting

  • maestro_vg
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 27, 2007
      Are you talking about the parish in Atlanta? That parish has likely
      taken on a more Russian character because the rector (Fr. Alexis
      Duncan, who is himself a convert) has chosen to do much of the
      Service in Slavonic, probably because there is a need to do so. I
      just can't see a nastoyatel making such a change just because, and I
      doubt that our Bishops ordered any such changes to be made.

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "David-Constantine Wright"
      <constantinewright@...> wrote:

      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Anna Voellmecke <anna@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Wow, you guys are in outer space. In the ROCOR diocese of the
      > > Midwest, no parish can exist without English. A number of our
      > > congregations are English only, and they do not necessaruly
      > qualify
      > > as "large areas" to my mind.
      >
      > I know what my experience has been, with the ROCOR parish I used to
      > be a member of... it's gone from an all-English mission filled with
      > converts to one where most everything is now done in Slavonic. (One
      > Sunday a month *all* is in Slavonic!) Needless to say, most of the
      > original founding members and converts have left.
      >
      > In Christ Risen in Flesh,
      > Rd. DC
      >
      > +------------------------------------------------------------+
      > | Reader David-Constantine Wright |
      > | http://constans_wright.tripod.com |
      > | "God became Human so that human beings could become gods." |
      > | ---- St. Athanasius the Great, *On the Incarnation* |

    • DDD
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 27, 2007
        That's precisely why I don't think English-speakers have to worry about their English being taken away because of reuniting with the Patriarchate.

        --Dimitra Dwelley

        On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:46:27 -0700 (PDT), Ryan Thompson wrote:
        BTW: Even at the beautiful St. Nicholas Cathedral in New York City, the Russian Patriarchal Cathedral, you can find English Liturgies being served.