Metropolitan Jovan of Macedonia on trial

  • Reader Timothy Tadros
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2007
      IC/XC

      NI/KA

      Press Release

      Two trials on Holy Thursday....

      Holy Wednesday

      Archbishop Jovan Fund, USA

      Very Reverend Archimandrite Nektarios Serfes, President

      Dear Friends in our Passionate Saviour Jesus Christ,

      May our Gracious God always bless you! It is also my humble prayer
      that you are having a spiritually rewarding Holy Week!

      I am sending you a message with great spiritual joy that Archbishop
      Jovan will be released from jail from Holy Friday until Bright
      Tuesday.

      Then again I am also sending you the message that we will have two
      trials in Skopje on Holy Thursday! The Macedonian Orthodox Church
      has come up with new charges against the Venerable Archbishop Jovan
      while he was the Archbishop of his cathedral and these charges are
      that he did not pay the electric or the toilet paper expenses. Can
      we imagine? This trial is expected to happen on April 5, 2007 which
      is a sacred and holy day in the Orthodox Church: Holy Thursday.

      So now we will have two trials on Holy Thursday: one for our Saviour
      Jesus Christ, and the other for Archbishop Jovan!

      This now means those who are pursuing these new charges against
      Archbishop Jovan -the representatives of the Macedonian Orthodox
      Church will not be in church on Holy Thursday but rather spending
      their time persecuting and harassing Archbishop Jovan! Where is the
      love for God and His Church? And secondly where is their true
      brotherhood in this most unfortunate matter at this hour!

      Therefore the appeal on behalf of the Archbishop Jovan Fund USA is
      that these charges should be dropped and that every soul should be
      in church.

      Leave Archbishop Jovan alone and stop harassing him, and his beloved
      Archdiocese!

      Leave Bishop Marko and Bishop Joachim alone as well as harassing
      them while they even try to bury the dead and while they are
      administering their flocks in our Lord!

      Leave the churches and monasteries under Archbishop Jovan alone
      since all that is happening within these holy walls is prayer.

      Leave the faithful flock of Archbishop Jovan alone and let them like
      us all seek their salvation.

      Let us all begin to reflect on really who are we and ask the
      question are we not suppose to be pious and Orthodox Christians?

      No one is free until all are free!

      Peace to your soul!

      Humbly in Christ our Lord,

      + Very Rev. Archimandrite Nektarios Serfes

      President of the Archbishop Jovan Fund USA

      Who prays for you!

      http://www.serfes.org

      father@...