Re: [orthodox-synod] Tvorog and other goodies

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2007
      In a message dated 4/2/2007 10:44:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      kharaku@... writes:

      Does anyone know where you can buy tvorog in the United States?

      Thanks
      George

      Hi George,

      I don't know where you are located, but the "M & I International Foods
      Market" in Brighton Beach (NY) has it, as do both of the Russian delis (Tacoma
      Park and McLean) in Washington DC. Brighton Beach has a number of other stores
      that sell Russian food as well. I visit M&I every time I'm in New York; they
      also have good prices on caviars, salmon roe, etc, and the largest supply of
      real Russian sosiska in the US.

      M&I International
      A visit to this Brighton Beach food emporium can result in ADD-type
      symptoms, with attention drawn in competing directions by an astounding array of
      cured meats, cold cuts, caviar, breads, cheeses, pickled everything, and
      all-things-Russian canned and jarred. Staples such as tvorog (farmer’s cheese),
      salmon roe, and kielbasa abound. Whether you’re stocking up for a soiree or drawn
      by the food of your forebears, you’re unlikely to leave empty-handed. The
      store’s upper level offers cafeteria-style seating for diners with a menu
      featuring everything from borscht and blini to vareneky (savory dumplings) and
      desserts. Separating the two tiers is a temptation island of colorfully wrapped
      candies, honeys, and stunning pastries. 249 Brighton Beach Ave., Brighton
      Beach (Q to Ocean Parkway; B to Brighton Beach), 718-615-1011

      S nastupayushchim svetlom Prazdnikom,

      Vova H.