Re: [orthodox-synod] You know, Basil, you write like a Soviet

  • Fr Michael Protopopov
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2007
      I don't know who you are Gene703, but it is obvious that you are not of our kind. I find your message offensive, your references to Nazi collaborators are a disgrace. What are you doing on a forum that has anything to do with Orthodox or Synod? In all Christian charity, this being the beginning of Passion Week, I can only say - go away and after the signing of the Act of Canonical Communion, stay away! Kritin!!
      Fr Michael

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2007
        antiquariu@... wrote:
        "...on the team headed by Vlasov personal priest Kisilev recruiting
        russian POW into ROA Thousands of russian nazi collaborators..."
        GT
        Vlassov and his Russian Liberation movement and Army were not "Nazi
        collaborators", they were men who were willing and did risk their
        lives in an attempt to free their homeland from the most vicious,
        murderous and diabolical regime that ever existed, putting Hitler's
        horrendous crimes against humanity into a far second place in modern
        history. The men who joined Vlassov knew very well that for the crime
        of just having been captured by the enemy, returning to the Soviet
        Union they were sure to get a sentence in the Gulag, if not a bullet
        to the back of their heads in thanks for their service to the Soviet
        system. The hope was that after the Communist Government in Russia
        was overthrown, they would be able to deal with the Nazis and free
        themselves. There were also Russians who joined the Volunteer Army
        (Dobrov'olcheskay Armea) they served mostly in Yugoslavia, they also
        were not in favor of the Nazis but hoped to free Russia from Soviet
        rule and then deal with the Nazis afterwards. Vlassov was tried as a
        traitor and hung alive on a meat hook to die; his officers were cast
        alive into furnaces. Britain and the US made a deal with Stalin to
        repatriate Russians, mostly Cossacks and their families, and these
        heroic soldiers mentioned above. They were hauled off to the Soviet
        Union and just across the border into the country, some of them were
        sawed in half at lumber yards, others summarily shot and others sent
        off to rot in concentration camps. One of the official government
        names of these secret actions of deceit and betrayal of these anti-
        communist heroes was called Operation Keel Haul! Archpriest Alexander
        Kiselev is a great priest of the Orthodox Church and was NO NAZI
        COLABORATOR; he was loved and respected by the Russian Orthodox
        émigrés. He also returned to Russia and lived there the last years of
        his life. Having fought against Communism all his life long---with
        his great oratory talent and with his pen, he would not have done
        this if he suspected that Patriarch Alexei II, who served as an altar
        boy to him, was a KGB Agent!

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, antiquariu@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 3/31/2007 3:46:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > gene703@... writes:
        >
        > And you Vovchik write like a proverbial "usefull idiot" to use mr.
        Lenin
        > coinage.
        >
        > Ridiger was actively cooperating with nazis in WW2 working with
        his father
        > on the team headed by Vlasov personal priest Kisilev recruiting
        russian POW
        > into ROA
        >
        > Thousands of russian nazi collaborators (freedom fighters?) after
        the war
        > were shot for much less that that, the rest got 10 years in gulag.
        Ridiger goes
        > on with his life in USSR like nothing happened and gets a biships
        hat in
        > 1961 and a job of MP chief operating officer shortly thereafter.
        >
        > You tell me who he really is working for and how formally
        recognizing him as
        > a spiritual head will benefit ROCOR and prevent it from becomming
        an
        > irrelevant ethnic club, c'mon Vova give me a break
        >
        > GT

      • Nicolas de Brevern
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2007
          Bravo for Your historic answer Father.

          But for All, be more quiet in this week ! PRAY for our salvation, not for
          discord !

          I am also not for staying under MP, because I live in Europa, and I now so
          well the "work" of old soviet people and the new federal russian people, and
          its not the very good exemple of life virtue.

          But its not a reason for be a bad christian.

          Pray for enemies but do not stay in union with them. Our work is missionary
          not submission.

          Church is a poor organism not "panfosnii zrelichie", we are not like
          catholic Vatican and we are not a state (with money and stamp), or a
          goverment.

          Orthodox Church is people serving God for our salvation, not for
          govermental, political or personal interes (like catholic crusaders who
          serving catholic Pope).

          Nicola� B.

          De la part de Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
          Envoy� : lundi 2 avril 2007 00:49
          � : orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
          Objet : [orthodox-synod] Re: You know, Basil, you write like a Soviet

          antiquariu@... wrote:
[...]
          �migr�s. He also returned to Russia and lived there the last years of

          --- In orthodox-synod@ <mailto:orthodox-synod%40yahoogroups.com>