Re: Finally, someone tells the truth

  • Martinian Prince
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 21, 2007
      Fathers, bless!

      It's interesting! My first reaction was to invoke Godwin's law, but
      then I realized it was not an argument of reductio ad nazium. If the
      Rabbi had posted his "theory" here, there would not be a problem of
      rejecting it on Orthodox grounds I think. However, because Gene used
      the Rabbi's supposition as a supporting argument for his own
      Strawman/Appeal To Fear argument, Godwin's Law, as such cannot be used
      to refute.

      However, everything Gene wrote, with the exception of his "political
      or ecclesiological" question, is a series of intermeshed logical and
      informal fallacies. Therefore, there is ample grounds for treating his
      comments as the inflammatory, illogical and weak arguments they are.

      Gene, if you can ask a real question or issue an argument without
      logical fallacies, then please do so! You may be assured that this
      will not only make them worthy of response, but puts us on equal
      footing as those who seek the Truth, and pray to "repay the daughter
      of Edom with what she has done to us"--to dash the "little ones"
      against the rock!

      That is, the children of the daughter of Edom (Edom= "A red-hot, sin
      loving soul"), the passions, to be dashed against the rock of Christ.
      "A broken and humbled heart God will not despise".

      What a treasure the Prophet-King has left us in the Psalms! Glory be
      to God in His Saints.

      Forgive me!

      With wishes of a profitable Great Canon to all tonight,

      SDcn Martinian

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Woodson"