Re: [orthodox-synod] Report to the Council of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox...

  • G. B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2007
      Writes"antiquarius": "I thought the entire affair tawdry at best, and
      it's interesting how
      almost the entire slew of miraculous icons we were confronted with in the late
      eighties and nineties have now been consigned to -- as Marx and Lenin would
      have put it -- to the ashheap of history" etc.

      There have been complaints about excessive censorship here; I think
      the opposite: there has not been nearly enough of it. The regular
      recurrence of frivolous bluster grading into blasphemy coming from
      "antiquarius" should long have been stopped from entering a public
      list comprising, be definition, mostly members of a church that has
      glorified, commemorated, venerated, and revered what he appears to
      hold in disdain, disregard, or even disrepute - the Russian monarchy
      in general, the Royal Martyr Nicolas in particular, reposed hierarchs
      of the Russian Church Abroad, and now the miraculous icon of the
      Theotokos and its selfless guardian who died a martyr's death. One
      wonders what Fr Victor Potapov -- who with Matushka Maria did much to
      make Br Joseph's deed and death broadly known -- think of what is
      quoted above - and of what is left unquoted.

      But in any event, allowing this to be published is terribly offensive
      even by the generally scandalous standards of most volatile forums.

      Rd. Gennady