Re: Interfaith prayer (was Copts and Armenians too now! Archbishop Mark leads the)

  • lsmith@softhome.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2007
      Dear Dimitra and list,
      I agree with your interpretation of what does/does not constitute
      ecumenical prayer. For example, on one occasion I led an akathist prayer to
      the Theotokos among a group of Catholic ladies who meet regularly to recite
      the Rosary. They were unfamiliar with the beauty and variety of the language
      used in Orthodox worship, and were moved by this devotion to the Mother of
      God in a format and melody they were not accustomed to. Some asked for
      copies for use at home. If this constituted ecumenical prayer, then how
      would we be able to witness our faith to others?

      --Joanna