Re: Copts and Armenians too now! Archbishop Mark leads the way.....?!?

  • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2007
      A program of singing on stage is not a Church Service---maybe a Copt
      or two would become Orthodox after this.

      In Berkeley the Music Department has a choir that sings Orthodox
      music pieces, some of the singers are now attending the Cathedral in
      San Francisco and the Orthodox Church in Berkeley.

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Reader Timothy Tadros"
      <pravoslavney@...> wrote:

      > Does this mean the Monophysites accept the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th
      > Ecumenical Councils Now?
      > I would agree we have a much better chance of an Orthodox Unity
      > with them more than the Roman Catholic Church now than ever before.
      > "As far as the East is from the West" this is exactly how much we
      > differ with the RC's in theology, ecclesiology, and liturgics!
      > Rdr Timothy Tadros
      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko"
      > <StefanVPavlenko@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Archbishop Averky would be overjoyed! He always hoped that
      Orthodox
      > > would act kindly toward the Copts and other near Orthodox so that
      > > they would gravitate toward unity with the Orthodox Church and
      not
      > > the Roman Catholic or Protestants. Singing together is a start!
      > > Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      > >

      > > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, Basil Yakimov <byakimov@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >

      > > > DIOCESE OF BERLIN AND GERMANY: February 28, 2007
      > > > The Cathedral of the Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia
      > > Hosts
      > > > the Traditional "Meeting of Orthodox Choirs"
      > > >
      > > > The feast day of the Triumph of Orthodoxy was celebrated in the
      > > > Bavarian capital of Munich with an event called the "Meeting of
      > > > Orthodox Choirs," which has now become a tradition.
      > > >
      > > > Orthodoxy is the third Christian confession in Germany
      according
      > > the
      > > > number of adherents, after Protestants and Roman Catholics: by
      > some
      > > > estimates there are some one million Orthodox Christians in the
      > > > country. Orthodoxy is represented in Munich by communities of
      the
      > > > Moscow, Constantinople, Serbian, Bulgarian, Romanian, Georgian
      > and
      > > > Antiochian Patriarchates as well as the Russian Orthodox Church
      > > Outside
      > > > of Russia. Believers belonging to the Ancient Eastern Churches
      > > include
      > > > representatives of the Armenian, Coptic and Ethiopian diasporas.
      > > >
      > > > The Cathedral of the Holy New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia
      > and
      > > St
      > > > Nicholas (ROCOR) was this year's host for the "Meeting of
      > Orthodox
      > > > Choirs."
      > > >
      > > > The event opened with a brief welcome by His Eminence
      Archbishop