Re: [orthodox-synod] MP Bishop Accuses MP of Heresy

  • antiquariu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 62 , Mar 2, 2007
      In a message dated 3/2/2007 12:48:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      athanasiosj@... writes:

      Headline: The Bishop of Chukot Accused the ROC of a Retreat
      from the Purity of the Faith

      This [accusation] caused a scandal in the Moscow Patriarchate.
      Bishop Diomid of Anadyr and Chukot published an open letter "To
      All True children of the Holy Orthodox Church", after accusing
      the leadership of the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC)
      of "retreats from the purity of Orthodox dogma".

      The hierarch and four clergymen of his diocese in their
      circular issued a call for the Patriarchate "to turn from the
      way of retreat from the purity of evangelical, dogmatic,
      canonical dogma and to bring fruits worthy of repentance." As
      noted by the newspaper "New Proceedings,noted by the newspape
      actually called the hierarchical authorities heretics.

      <<big snip>>

      Dear Athanasios!

      Who is this gent, and where is "Chukot?" I've been in Anadyr, but Chukot is
      the name of a people, largely animist even through Soviet times, and an
      adjective, not a place, and the population in Chukotka still has lots of pagan
      stuff going on - for example the Service to the Reindeer Fawn, etc. That is,
      what population there is at all. These places make Magadan look like an
      overpopulated tropical paradise. Never really considered the Northeast to be a
      hotbed of Orthodox purity before, rather kind of a Wild West freebooter and
      poacher area. But tell me, what does "purity of dogmatic dogma" mean (see
      above). If this is the nature of the scandals faced by his Holiness, he'll be
      here for a long time.

      Have a great Lent,

      In Christ, Vova H
      http://www.aol.com

    • Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 6, 2007
        The Church lives by the Holy Scripture does it not---its Yea is its
        Yea and its Nay is its Nay, NO?

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Athanasios Jayne"
        <athanasiosj@...> wrote:

        > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Rev. Alexander Lebedeff"
        > <lebedeff@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The document you refer to was approved by a Resolution of the
        > Council of the Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church. This approval
        > is recorded in the official record of the Council -- the Journal.
        The
        > Patriarch signs the official Journal, after which the decision is
        > official and is binding on the Church.
        > >
        > > Therefore the Document is officially the policy of the Church of
        > Russia and that has been confirmed by the signature of the
        Patriarch.<